Treasure Hunt Investors - TV Pilot

CVLim

Jul 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello!

I'm new to the forums so I hope this kind of post is allowed. :hello:

I work in development at a un-scripted factual entertainment TV production company - we are the makers of two popular ongoing Discovery Channel series.
In around 6 weeks’ time, we are filming a pilot for a brand-new Treasure Hunting TV series we are developing for a major US cable network and I am looking for treasure hunters to take part in a few days filming for this pilot. We are looking for people who have genuine treasure stories, ideally with interesting historic value - and viable treasure hunting projects that has been partly planned or mapped out but would benefit from financial investment.

To tell you a bit more about the TV show we are developing…

Each week our Treasure Hunting Investors will head out to meet a different treasure hunter on a mission to find their riches. The treasure hunt could be for anything from a hidden gold mine, to a sunken ship, or treasures believed to be lost inside a cave or up a mountain - ideally US-based but we are interested in hearing about other areas of the world too. Each episode; the Treasure Hunters will need to convince our Treasure Hunting Investors there is substance to their claims. If they do, they will receive financial backing; whether that’s a $50k lidar scanner, or $30k for heavy machinery or $200k for a fully-fledged expedition.

We have found our Investors / TV hosts who the network are very excited about. But what I am currently looking for is a treasure hunter on an incredible and legitimate treasure hunting journey who we could film with for a couple of days for the pilot… Perhaps that could be you! If the series is commissioned after the pilot we would of course hope to discuss the possibility of filming with you on the main series too!

Please DM me with a bit about your hunt if you think this is could be you!

C

Last edited:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Shark Tank' for the treasure hunter. I'd watch.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok I have one for you in Mexico, La legendaryTayopa. We have found it and have it registered in our name. We are at the moment lookng for it's depository, which contains, among other things, $ 1,000,000,000 dolars at present value, dore bars of Gold & Silver which were destined to finance taking North America from Spain. Jesuit operation Interested >.

IN

MEXICO.

CURRANTLY LOOKING FOR THE DEPOSITORT, CONTAINS APPROV. $ 1,00.000.00 IN GO;D AND SILVER dORE BARS OF gOLD AND sILVER TO BE USED IN THE jESUIT TAKEOVER OF nORTH aMERIC.A

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok I have one for you in Mexico, La legendaryTayopa. We have found it and have it registered in our name.

That would be a show that I would definitely watch.
I would only be concerned that it would all be produced and focus on entertainment and not seriously taking advantage of an opportunity to actually find some treasure.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"C", I would suggest disclosing your company name, in order to bring some sort of legitimacy to your request.

Further, I would suggest anyone interested in this offer, research the company. Once your satisfied this is a legit company, contact them by phone directly via. their web page.

Do not initiate a business proposition online with an anonymous person. This is how online scams happen.

If "C" is legit, he/she should have no problem providing some basic information about who they are representing.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a true blue treasure hunter we all seek the same. Just who's lucky enough to get it first

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would feel sorry for the fellas that publically disclosed all of their research leads, only to be turned down.
Even worse would be having to fight off the greedy buggers that would come crawling out from under rocks trying to lay claim to any finds.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that no one ever contacts the people back after they show interest :tongue3:, myself included and there's been at least 3 of these type of posts made over the years on here. And I feel IMAUDIGGER is correct about revealing your clues to locations.
Jon :occasion14: :headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CVLim

Jul 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I understand IMAUDIGGER's concerns, I wouldn't want my company to be flooded with calls and emails by posting its name on a public forum.

We aren't expecting any treasure hunters to go into detail with their leads or hand over their research, we are looking for the general, bare-bones story of what they think they have and what investment they would need - and are offering up a potentially quite exciting opportunity to pitch to highly experienced treasure retrieval experts if and when the show is to be commissioned.

There are a few people that have DM'd me already and I've given them my official company email to continue our correspondence - so they can attest to the legitimacy of the company I work for.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
oh my, seems legit - put one's best foot forward for a backer
and then
"and are offering up a potentially quite exciting opportunity to pitch to highly experienced treasure retrieval experts if and when the show is to be commissioned."

this is not for a backer, this is to make a pitch on TV soliciting a backer; Has America Got Treasure

C, do I understand correctly what you have written ?

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep. definitely legitimate....

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Guys, it's legit. The company is developing a show where you pitch your story to investors.

For now they need to shoot a pilot or sizzle reel: an example short to display what the show will look like and how it operates. They are looking for someone here who wants to be in this pilot short as if they are doing the show.

They will then take the short and promote it to a channel who may or may not commission a series of the show.

If the channel does green light it, the show will go into full production and later (successful) applicants can then pitch to investors.

Yes, if you keep your message to them on subject, you sound normal, have something to offer and think you might want to do the pilot you will get a reply.

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Im still waiting for them to make a series about "The Real Treasure Hunters." Old guys detecting beaches wearing shorts with suspenders, white socks and tennis shoes.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would rather see it as a documentary outlining how a successful search and hunt was accomplished.

Too many hyped-up non-events on the networks as it is.

IN DA HOLE

Banned
Sep 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just another show that promotes specific brands of Metal Detectors. :BangHead: :tongue3:

" A lead cross from the Knights Templar ................."

Last edited:

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
ok I have one for you in Mexico, La legendaryTayopa. We have found it and have it registered in our name. We are at the moment lookng for it's depository, which contains, among other things, $ 1,000,000,000 dolars at present value, dore bars of Gold & Silver which were destined to finance taking North America from Spain. Jesuit operation Interested >.

and this is different than post #4 ?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a true blue t hunter and many of my Friends its flows through are viens or are we looking for the wealthy t hunters as usual, when you do that its seems out of reach and then boring to most treasure hunters. JSYK

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread