Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only because the guy training me is a tool.
Started my new career a month ago, first month was going well...
Now I’m onto more advanced training on what is gonna be my route, and the old fart showing me how to do things is about to get smacked.
Can’t drive worth a damn, texting, can’t follow GPS, and complaining about everything...
Good news is it’s only for another month, bad news is, it’s the first day.... not sure if I’m gonna make it out alive....:BangHead:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why work? Just live off of your wife!

hill_billiez

Sep 16, 2012
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best revenge? Get a promotion. Become his supervisor. Stay strong. I went from supervisor to trainee. It is a hard pill to swallow. To go from man with the answers to trainee with questions. Switching careers is very tough. Stick with it. Make it worthwhile.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look down the road Dave and soon you'll be fine...

Get that detector out too!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are on the road, you'll have opportunities to scout out new places to hunt. My objection to GPS is there is no program to select best route for metal detecting.

They can tell you what to do but they can't tell you what to think. Good luck with the tool. How did they overpopulate anyway?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Fun,Fun,Fun. Livin the dream.

Let him do his thing.
Remember to smile sometimes. Like it or not , he might be asked how you're doing.
Take the positives and dump the negatives of his methods when you are free of him , and you'll gain.

Only a month. You could do that standing on your head. Because you are looking at your short term future , and also at the reason you are working....

Last edited:

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life is like a movie. You are the director, and the main character from your point of view is most likely than his movie that he directs and he is his main character.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I got through the day....excruciating.
Good news is I got 3 days off, so by Tuesday I hope he’s in a better mood.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small Price to pay my Friend nothing good comes easy!!!!!!!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep a positive attitude and no mind to the "old" fool! In a few months you will be his boss...life is funny that way! :icon_thumleft:

Good Luck with the rest of your sentence with Mr. Negative! :BangHead:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will be over soon. Think f him as a mild stomach virus, it will go away.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave, this is an easy one. Take the miserable *******o out metal detecting and then that’s all he’ll talk about...........like us

:icon_thumright:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was young I had to work occasional Saturdays 6 am to 2 PM with my direct boss. It was so slow on Saturdays We learned how to forward the phone to our cell and went yard saleing Yard sale with the boss once a month :)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two things have gotten me through such things.

Put yourself beyond it. 30 days of this? Think about Day 31 and what you will be doing.

What would you trade to make it be not so? Is it worth losing an eye? An arm? A finger? Breaking an arm? Getting a beesting?

I've only ever walked away from one job with no-place to go. That was 72 to 80 hour weeks on an exempt salary based on 40 hours when our company spilt off from a larger company that owned us. After two months (and a traffic accident at midnight on a Saturday coming home from work when I was hit by a drunk 18 year old who ran a stop sign) I told my boss either we hire another person or I'm gone. He didn't. I went.

Worked out . . . but it was scary to have no place to be for a time.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Statistics aside.... I’m an adult who is employed by a Fortune 500 company, and was simply sharing my frustration about working with a knucklehead.
I posted this in general discussion, because it is just that....
If ya wanna get all political and stupid, become a Charter Member and spout off about All y’alls hardons for guns and violence.

randywa

Sep 29, 2017
S.W. Mo.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time I had to suffer through training an old man told me to meet the trainer with a cup of coffee and a question about the training every morning. It makes the trainer feel better when you are interested in his opinion. Or the coffee throws them off guard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread