Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My wife was about to make a pumpkin pie and was in the process of opening the can of Pumpkin. However, the new (extremely cheaply made) can opener broke and there she was. After a very thorough search for the old one, it was determined that we no longer owned it. It is 7:30 pm and the oven is hot and ready. She was about to run to town to get another "cheap one" when I told her that she could just use my old P38. Well, she didn't have a clue what it was so after I found it, I showed her how to get started with it and left it to her. she was amazed at how well it worked and it got the job done quickly.

As a kid, we had access to many ration cans from the Viet Nam war and so we ate a lot of them. Of course we had our favorites and ate them first and then slowly worked our way to the "last resorts" as we called them. We took them on fishing trips, camping or for whatever we wanted them for. I carried the P38 for years on my key chain and wore out several over the years. Some guys called them John Wayne's but to me they were the P38 issued to the military back then. Simple but worked every time and still does. Yeah, the pie is smelling good right now!

Attachments

• 20190706_192731.jpg
    20190706_192731.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 42

JosephT

Jan 28, 2019
NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep one on my key chain and have several in my supplies.

JamesRS

Apr 28, 2019
Vincennes Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Pa, WWII vet, told me to pick a service where I didn't have sleep in the mud or eat out of cans.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine in the kitchen. Still out works the new ones...:laughing7:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still have one somewhere HH Chug Hope the Pie Came out Sounds Yummy:occasion14:

controlfreq

Dec 2, 2007
I had one from the Air Force although not sure why, the food (MRE) all came in plastic. Only had to eat those things a couple of times in exercises.. Kept it on my keychain until it fell off. A few years ago I was in a Army/Navy store, they had a jar of them. I bought a couple and still have one on the key chain.

I watched a YouTube of this crazy Russian dude that ran a can back and forth on concrete until he wore the rim down enough the lid came off.

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have some of those! I used one not too long ago - house renovations and the electric can opener was somewhere else - it always surprises me how well it works.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You saved the day.... er a pie!. Had a ton of those however they all seemed to disappear over the years. I liked the 5 pack of smokes!!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I still have one somewhere HH Chug Hope the Pie Came out Sounds Yummy:occasion14:

Hey that pie was and is awesome! of course had to have a piece hot out of the oven with a large dollop of Cool Whip. the Cool Whip melted quickly and it was hot but oh well. Had some after lunch today, spagetti with home made Sour Dough bread, it was goooood!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions