locating sprinkler heads and valves

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the can, keep disc lowest setting or use all metal mode. Then when you find one, see where it disc's out at for future searches. You may find a property iron marker in your search cus they put the heads and the lines near the property boundaries.
Jon :occasion14: :headbang:

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's one of the things that will get you in good stead with park people, a little help goes a long way...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure can! Many times I've been commissioned to locate sprinkler heads, grave markers, soccer boundaries...etc. Run the machine wide open and dig mid-tones (at least on my machines). I also use those orange marker flags you get from Lowes to mark the head placement and sprinkler row lining. This extra touch always gets me referrals. Good Luck! :icon_thumleft:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with everyone and I have done it too. The valve box cover is usually a few inches under the soil so use a probe once you get a signal. You're probably trying to find the valve box because the heads for that zone won't operate. The problem is typically a bad electrical connection at the common wire connection to the valve so once you find the valve box, remove the electrical connector, twist the wires together and re-connect the connector.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a trip over to the dowsing forum...no seriously..with a pair of rods fashioned from coat hangers you have a decent chance at finding the buried water pipes. Takes an open mind and a methodical search pattern.

I only say that because my dad is pretty good at it.

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep...you can and will find them with a metal detector...:laughing7: :laughing7: Found a few myself...sounded damn good too...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Got-Good-Tones

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread