locating sprinkler heads and valves
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By zakzak
  • 2 Post By teleprospector
  • 1 Post By alaskaseeker
  • 1 Post By Professor of Engineering

Thread: locating sprinkler heads and valves

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2019
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

locating sprinkler heads and valves

Can you find sprinkler heads and valves using a metal detector? I know that it SHOULD work THEORETICALLY because heads have springs in them. I'm asking if you tried doing it or not. Was the detector able to pick a signal from them? Thanks so much.

Yes the can, keep disc lowest setting or use all metal mode. Then when you find one, see where it disc's out at for future searches. You may find a property iron marker in your search cus they put the heads and the lines near the property boundaries.
    Jon
    vpnavy and SD51 like this.
    "Let Thy Hand, Oh God, guide me through the ways Thou seest are needed for those that seek to know Thy way through any effort of mine."

us
    George

Jun 2019
    Ak,Tn
    Minelab, Fisher
    683 times
    Prospecting
    That's one of the things that will get you in good stead with park people, a little help goes a long way...
    SD51 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    28838 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Sure can! Many times I've been commissioned to locate sprinkler heads, grave markers, soccer boundaries...etc. Run the machine wide open and dig mid-tones (at least on my machines). I also use those orange marker flags you get from Lowes to mark the head placement and sprinkler row lining. This extra touch always gets me referrals. Good Luck!
    SD51 likes this.

Aug 2016
    MI
    E-TRAC
    4302 times
    Agree with everyone and I have done it too. The valve box cover is usually a few inches under the soil so use a probe once you get a signal. You're probably trying to find the valve box because the heads for that zone won't operate. The problem is typically a bad electrical connection at the common wire connection to the valve so once you find the valve box, remove the electrical connector, twist the wires together and re-connect the connector.

Mar 2016
    3157 times
    Take a trip over to the dowsing forum...no seriously..with a pair of rods fashioned from coat hangers you have a decent chance at finding the buried water pipes. Takes an open mind and a methodical search pattern.

I only say that because my dad is pretty good at it.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

Mar 2018
    213 times
    Yep...you can and will find them with a metal detector... Found a few myself...sounded damn good too...

Got-Good-Tones

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links