Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Anyone else having problems with the post office?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    25853 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    No, it's not only you! I sent something return/receipt and after three weeks never got the little green card. Glad I kept the receipt with the tracking number. After checking the sent and return number on the USPS website, the attended party received the package , but my sender receipt is hung up somewhere in the system. Well at least the party received the item. This has happened twice in two months!
    T.C. and RustyGold like this.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    32174 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    The Post Office is Not what it Used To Be

They Mis-Deliverer, Forget to sometimes & Deliver it the Next Day
    I Got called to the Post Office Once & They showed me My Package All Ripped Up & asked me if I Still Wanted
    It. Said the Kids who Bring the Packages to the Post Office Have No Respect, They just Trow Things Around

I Found one of their Hand Computers That they use to
    Punch in Tracking Numbers, Along the Highway Once.
    Took it to the Post Office, Never Got a Thank You, or anything.
    Just There's a Number on it, It can be Traced and he walked away with it.
    They Don't go out if it's Raining too Much, Don't deliver in the Snow.
    or Dark if they are Running Late. Don't even Open their Doors most Days.
    But the Price of a Stamp Keeps Rising. .55 Cents Now I Think

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    32174 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    More recent data. Time to make a change.
    Where else can you negotiate for better pay and benefits while having to borrow $3 billion each year to pay for it?

Attachment 1731435
    I Think they Cook the Books They show.
    T.C. likes this.

Mar 2016
    2809 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kray Gelder View Post
    Yeah, people love to hate the Post Office, and Postal workers. I don't take it personally. It was a very difficult, physical, repetitive motion job. As a mounted carrier, I would be tasked daily with delivering between 3000/4000 and 10,000 pieces of mail, to 1100 individual mailboxes, after putting around one third of that in delivery sequence myself, the remainder machine sequenced. Christmas, throw in 30, 40, 100 or so parcels every day. I would be carrying in my little mail truck over a ton of mail. Do it all in 8 or 9 hours.

I'm not patting myself on the back, just describing the job. We carriers all develop bad backs and necks, bone spurs in our shoulders, carpel tunnel, ruined knees and ankles. One die hard I knew, transferred into management because he could no longer walk without TWO braced canes, so he spent the last few years of his career counting mail, making sure each day it all got out.

I earned every penny, by the way. Then for thanks, OPM screwed up my retirement, started it out at 83 cents, and it took me 6 months to get 80 percent of what it should have been, take it or leave it.

I hope your delivery problems get sorted Smokey. I recommend UPS. They're still Union. Yeah, Union guy here, still dues paying. An evil Commie *******, no doubt.
    Ever heard of Charlie Snapp?
    Kray Gelder likes this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

Mar 2016
    2809 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor of Engineering View Post
    No, it's not only you! I sent something return/receipt and after three weeks never got the little green card. Glad I kept the receipt with the tracking number. After checking the sent and return number on the USPS website, the attended party received the package , but my sender receipt is hung up somewhere in the system. Well at least the party received the item. This has happened twice in two months!
    Hit and miss getting the signed receipt back despite the additional cost involved.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

AHHH... The United States Pulverizing Service! I don't use them much and I don't have issues with the job being difficult and the slow people/deliveries but the tampering and theft cannot be tolerated!
    I found that insuring things higher than what their worth nearly stops that BS!
    Jon
    SD51, RustyRelics and RustyGold like this.
    "Let Thy Hand, Oh God, guide me through the ways Thou seest are needed for those that seek to know Thy way through any effort of mine."

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    5967 times
    Metal Detecting
    Ever heard of Charlie Snapp?
    I looked him up. Good for him.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    21321 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I'm going down there now to pick it up. I will not raise my voice, but I will tell them they need to be more careful. I will also mail today's package from a different post office in PA. I live near the state line.

Charter Member
    us
    Ethan

Apr 2019
    North Eastern Kentucky
    My dads Whites MXT
    7565 times
    Relic Hunting
    I haven't lost anything yet, but shipping time and rates suck. Shipping a bottle $14!? What the he!!

I ordered a bullet from Gettysburg a few months ago. I live only 6 hours from Gettysburg. It took two weeks to arrive to my P.O. and then somebody put it into a slot to be delivered to West Virginia! I'm in Kentucky! I got the package, but only after a stern call to the P.O.
    RustyGold likes this.
    "The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy." - Jubal Early

"We'll fight them, sir, till hell freezes over, and then, sir, we'll fight them on ice" - Unknown Confederate soldier

May 2012
    Kalamity Falls, Orygun
    Whites M6
    1921 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Three incidences in 6 weeks. I mailed something I sold. I took and hand delivered it to the post office. It had to go a whole 60 miles. It got there but someone had used a razor knife and opened it and stole the goodie inside.

Two weeks ago a package simply disappeared. "Out for delivery" meant WAY out for delivery.

Today I not only get my neighbors mail but the package did not come and tracking shows it was on the vehicle after sorting. This one might show up but several instances of getting someone else's mail lately.

Is it just me?
    Wrong question, Smokey! It should read, "Is there anyone out there that has NEVER had problems with the P.O."??
    smokeythecat and RustyGold like this.

Mar 2016
    2809 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kray Gelder View Post
    I looked him up. Good for him.
    Used to always pass him on the road. During the final years of his career, he could not see well enough to drive the single lane canyon roads so his daughter drove him around.

Interestingly enough he delivered mail to a post office that held the title of being the smallest in the nation. Might still be.
    Kray Gelder likes this.

Dec 2004
    East Central Kentucky
    1973 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    More recent data. Time to make a change.
    Where else can you negotiate for better pay and benefits while having to borrow $3 billion each year to pay for it?

Attachment 1731435
    There's a lot more in that negative balance sheet than most folks are aware of. Simply tossing it out there without facts is a disservice to the USPS. The USPS is mandated to prefund it's retirement pension plans, 5.5 billion dollars annually and those numbers are included in this chart. Believe it or not, the USPS is doing quite well financially. Just subtract 5.5 billion from those net loss numbers and the real picture becomes clear.
    Kray Gelder likes this.

Dec 2004
    East Central Kentucky
    1973 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    I Think they Cook the Books They show.
    What makes you think that?
    Kray Gelder likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    21321 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    BTW I got it today.
    RustyGold likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Mojave 720i Stealth Scoop
    6903 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Awesome Cat. I’m glad you got the package.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links