Anyone else having problems with the post office?

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going down there now to pick it up. I will not raise my voice, but I will tell them they need to be more careful. I will also mail today's package from a different post office in PA. I live near the state line.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I haven't lost anything yet, but shipping time and rates suck. Shipping a bottle $14!? What the he!!

I ordered a bullet from Gettysburg a few months ago. I live only 6 hours from Gettysburg. It took two weeks to arrive to my P.O. and then somebody put it into a slot to be delivered to West Virginia! I'm in Kentucky! I got the package, but only after a stern call to the P.O.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three incidences in 6 weeks. I mailed something I sold. I took and hand delivered it to the post office. It had to go a whole 60 miles. It got there but someone had used a razor knife and opened it and stole the goodie inside.

Two weeks ago a package simply disappeared. "Out for delivery" meant WAY out for delivery.

Today I not only get my neighbors mail but the package did not come and tracking shows it was on the vehicle after sorting. This one might show up but several instances of getting someone else's mail lately.

Is it just me?

Wrong question, Smokey! It should read, "Is there anyone out there that has NEVER had problems with the P.O."??

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked him up. Good for him.

Used to always pass him on the road. During the final years of his career, he could not see well enough to drive the single lane canyon roads so his daughter drove him around.

Interestingly enough he delivered mail to a post office that held the title of being the smallest in the nation. Might still be.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
More recent data. Time to make a change.
Where else can you negotiate for better pay and benefits while having to borrow $3 billion each year to pay for it?

View attachment 1731435

There's a lot more in that negative balance sheet than most folks are aware of. Simply tossing it out there without facts is a disservice to the USPS. The USPS is mandated to prefund it's retirement pension plans, 5.5 billion dollars annually and those numbers are included in this chart. Believe it or not, the USPS is doing quite well financially. Just subtract 5.5 billion from those net loss numbers and the real picture becomes clear.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a lot more in that negative balance sheet than most folks are aware of. Simply tossing it out there without facts is a disservice to the USPS. The USPS is mandated to prefund it's retirement pension plans, 5.5 billion dollars annually and those numbers are included in this chart. Believe it or not, the USPS is doing quite well financially. Just subtract 5.5 billion from those net loss numbers and the real picture becomes clear.

By prefunding the retirement benefits..you mean they are paying each year for the retirees benefits and paying as they go hour by hour for their current employees future benefits...are they not still short on funds to cover operating costs?

I guess I'm not clear on how it's appropriate to disregard the unfunded liabilities?

hill_billiez

Sep 16, 2012
SW PA
Detector(s) used
AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So who also uses USPS? The large bullion dealers. If the thieves ever recognize the return address, all stackers/preppers are screwed.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
By prefunding the retirement benefits..you mean they are paying each year for the retirees benefits and paying as they go hour by hour for their current employees future benefits...are they not still short on funds to cover operating costs?

I guess I'm not clear on how it's appropriate to disregard the unfunded liabilities?

Great question! The USPS was mandated by a Congressional Act to prefund 50 years of future pensions. 5.5 billion is an line item, an operational expense of sorts. It’s an absurd requirement and it really does make the USPS look horrible financially speaking. Insiders get to see the data with the prefund backed out lol.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
So who also uses USPS? The large bullion dealers. If the thieves ever recognize the return address, all stackers/preppers are screwed.

Good point! Wouldn’t surprise me if methodical thieves monitor this site, after all, we find some valuable stuff that probably hits the open market and eventually the mail channels.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! After watching the whole thing I'm shocked nothing I have ordered has been broken!

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It never used to be like this. Three packages in 6 weeks, yahoos out firing shotguns and hitting the tree 20' or less from me. As it said in "Ghostbusters", "cats and dogs sleeping together."

And then with the shooting thing the dispatcher asked if I was going to go outside and see anything for them. Like He..no, I do not want to be a target. Never used to be like this and I'm in one of the most crime free sections of the county.

Whereabouts do you live in MD. You have me curious.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
We recently had a whole series of new mail boxes put in with large package boxes. I checked the mail one day and noticed the keys in the package boxes have two or three keys to each! Someone gets a package, the mail man placed the package key in the person's box, that person took the key and got their package. Of course the second or third keys were the mail mans spare keys! I reported this and the main post office was really ticked that the route delivery person was that lazy or stupid. I said so anyone can take off a spare and gain access to the box at any time. Out here in Montana the positions are handed down to family members, so there is no reason to use common sense.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cannot say I have a problem with the post office. I live right behind it in Yarnell. Missy or Dave comes out onto the back porch and yells Terry, you got a package! No problem. ╦╦C

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , I live on the other side of the world never had a problem with US Post . TP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread