Personal Libraries

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
.. I used to visit old bookstores everywhere and I was very lucky to find books that were very useful to me in looking for things of old, I did use interlibrary loan a few times but the books always have to go back... I have over 900 books, publications etc in my library.. This bookcase is full and there are two more in the same room around the corner.. Research is a very important part of looking for things of old. Some of these books I presume now are treasures themselves, Haunt old bookstores, I did and when passing thru a town I had a heck of a time passing an old bookstore by...One if my favorite places was Powells in Portland Oregon, they had a great Alaska section and I spent much time browsing there... Just some random thoughts.... IMG_0614.JPG

Sorry about the inverted photos I can't seem to be able to fix this...

Attachments

• IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    212.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
sounds a bit like my past, but I now live in the tropics; books rot here (have no A/C)
so I had to sell several thousand books, I felt as if I lost an arm
Powells was good, but better were the small stores with the index in the head of the old man that owned it

it is interesting to observe how the internet has changed the gathering of information
not all by any means, but what the mouse can lead one to is incredible

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know what you mean! Fortunately or unfortunately over the years I have amassed (500+) a Physics, Engineering and Mathematics collection of reference books and texts. :icon_thumleft: I Just started to bring them to the college for the students to keep. Trying to down size, planning to keep only 10 of each subject area...OK maybe 20! :laughing7:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I was building up a large collection myself. But since wrote our own and store it all on flash sticks and storage devices. Of course once up loaded anyone can buy them on amazon. But I do enjoy reading others for a break. These new NPG books have some leads to some good sounding books that I never heard of before.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a building on a friends farm i rent from . I have over 10,000 books in it.I would say maybe 60 % of the books are war books . I really need to get rid of them .

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
I have a building on a friends farm i rent from . I have over 10,000 books in it.I would say maybe 60 % of the books are war books . I really need to get rid of them .

the way I forced myself to divest was with the question: Have I opened the book in 5 years ?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the Kindle came out the price of books declined a LOT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions