Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m in Abingdon. I’m always up for a sweep

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
if i was coming there,i would also go to the nascar bristol nite race again.
brad

OP
OP
A

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Perfect, I have a home in 1st Colony near the country club, I have to go to Ak first to take care of some things then will be back.....I usually shop at exit 7....I banged in some nice Silver a few years ago at the remodeled home that is now the visitors center.. I got permission to hunt around the home. I had chest mounted my Sov. I walked over to the strip of lawn near the road on the right side made a few sweeps then got a nice tone, the first coin wasn't deep and it was a 1902 B half, I almost choked, heck I walked a Few more steps then banged in 1907 B half, think I wasn't stoked, hunted some more and ended up near the big tree, I found 3 Indians a dime and a nickel, by then I was stepping high.. My wife and I were staying with my son across the Hiway at those Gray Apts you can see from the freeway.. I found some nice coins too in that big park area next to the center but not like that first hunt..That area has had some fill dirt there now so I've never went back.. Geo

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went once, too many people and loud for sure, you can smell the fuel too. I watch on TV now you actually get to see more that way.....

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
yes loud,i was in the pits all day and nite as a guess of a team.i did take my detector,but didnt have much time.i would love to go back sometime.
good luck brad

7mmstw

Greenie
Jul 8, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MX5 Treasurepro v3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn’t go to the race if you gave me a driving pass.
I hate it. But for my defense I was a law man for 22 years. The race seems to bring in a lot of things that you don’t want around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread