Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We were in a local store shopping, I should say that I was just there for moral support if you know what I mean. My wife was busy looking for things while I just hung around and said the normal, "Sure, what ever you think dear." I heard a commotion behind me and turned to see this guy as he excitedly hurried up to me. His hand was out as he moved in closer and so we shook hands. He called me something but it wasn't me and before I could tell him, he was already talking about high school and other things from the past. I just smiled as he talked and carefully checked to make sure that I still had everything including my wallet. He asked how my brother was doing and I do have a brother and so I answered that he was doing great and now in Florida. After a few laughs, he had to get going, he was only in town for a funeral. As he hurried off, my wife asked me who he was, I just shrugged my shoulders, heck if I knew him.

But from what I have learned over the years, there was another man that looked similar to me. I even had this man's mother come up to me and begin asking if I was stopping by for supper. As she spoke, another younger woman hurried up with this "Oh no" look on her face but I just motioned that all was well and let the mother continue. The daughter finally got her to leave so I went back to my shopping. Moments later, the daughter was back and explained that her brother had been dead for just over a month and that I did look a lot like him. I told her that there was no problem but that I wouldn't be by for supper. She smiled and thanked me then was off. It happens.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always am mistaken for George Clooney

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently there are not enough people who look like me - I'm still paying all my bills !

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, nice story. Thanks for sharing:icon_thumright:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to get the same and especially so when I lived in West Virginia. I have a lot of Irish ancestry kin folk that live there and one even had the same first and last name. This particular distant cousin who was named after his' Dad and had a bad rep also like his' Dad. When he moved to the same city where I lived and got an account at my' Bank, the Bank folk started putting my' payroll deposits in his' account and his' deposits in mine. It wasn't his fault but I had to straighten out the Bank folk because it was causing me a lot of problems paying my bills and my' Bank account was severely lacking the funds that should have been there. Most of the time when I get confronted by someone thinking that I am a family member or old friend, I politely correct them and say I sure feel sorry for him if he in fact looks like me and we usually have a good chuckle.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told the other day, I looked like a young Chevy Chase and that I was a "pretty foo foo boy" for buying a Budweiser. I didn't know how to take that, but knew this lady was hitting on me.

Of course this was coming from a friendly blond haired gal wearing oversized overalls (no bra...and presumably no bottoms).
Oh ya...looked like she spent a lot of time in the sun and had decades of stories she could tell if you catch my drift.

Said she was from a nearby town, but had gotten lost. I was about to tell her how to get back on the freeway, when she said she'd find her way home eventually, but she'd been drinking hard for the last week. She'd get home when the booze ran out. I smiled and walked out as the clerk rang up two 12 packs of Budweiser for her.

I suppose I could have said that she looked like an old Christy Brinkley..but I know how to stay out of trouble.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I was told the other day, I looked like a young Chevy Chase and that I was a "pretty foo foo boy" for buying a Budweiser. I didn't know how to take that, but knew this lady was hitting on me.

Of course this was coming from a friendly blond haired gal wearing oversized overalls (no bra...and presumably no bottoms).
Oh ya...looked like she spent a lot of time in the sun and had decades of stories she could tell if you catch my drift.

Said she was from a nearby town, but had gotten lost. I was about to tell her how to get back on the freeway, when she said she'd find her way home eventually, but she'd been drinking hard for the last week. She'd get home when the booze ran out. I smiled and walked out as the clerk rang up two 12 packs of Budweiser for her.

I suppose I could have said that she looked like an old Christy Brinkley..but I know how to stay out of trouble.

Sounds like the same one that was three sheets in the wind due to having consumed too many Birthday drinks and while she was being walked by me while I was playing Pool in a bar, grabbed a handful of one of my' butt cheeks and said nice. Her friends knew that she had had too much to drink and they were rushing her out the door to get her home. The old gal was still pretty good looking for her age which was probably close to 60 and she apparently had leftover big cat tendencies, if you know what I mean.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You have chosen wisely....

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice story, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting