anyone else get insomnia? - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: anyone else get insomnia?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    963 times
    IMAU
    perhaps I was not clear
    I feed my cat when I chose to do so.
    In the morning after I start the water for my coffee, then the cat gets fed.
    I do not arise to feed my cat, rather because I go to bed/sleep at 8 PM; so +8 hrs puts me at 4 AM approx

insomnia ? no, don't think my cat has it; probably meditates

Mar 2016
    2983 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    10-4...sorry for treating you like a crazy cat lady.
    BillA likes this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

Jul 2019
    398 times
    May I suggest Sleepytime tea by celestial seasonings.
    One cup should do the trick. Two cups and you'll probably be late for work.
    RustyGold and Megalodon like this.
    My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    23287 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Ken View Post
    Good replies and a lot to think about here so far.

For me, I'll be sitting in my living room feeling dead tired, occasionally about to fall asleep in my chair, but the minute I lay in bed I'm wide awake again. I think part of it is the arthritis in my knees makes it hard to get comfortable, but it does that in the chair or on the couch too....

I can't try pot for it, I work construction and that would cause me all sorts of trouble if there was an accident on a job, (plus I just can't handle the smell of it) but I'll look into the other things mentioned here
    Get the caramels they’re are delicious. Best caramel I ever had as far as taste and I love caramel.
    lairmo likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23287 times
    Metal Detecting
    I smoke THC for stuttering. I don’t stutter any less I just don’t give a **** when I do )
    lairmo, BillA and DeepseekerADS like this.

us
    Lookit Tha Size O' Those Hog-Mollies!!!

Jan 2009
    SW MO
    Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
    4590 times
    I throw up on THC..(the stuff around here..haven't had any for almost 18 years..) Not opposed to it, just can't handle it after I've had my six pack..tried almost everything in the book. Nothing more than a tequila shot in almost 20 yrs.....Besides That salvia (NOT POT)... I thought I was gonna die after the second go around...I must be a light weight, BUT>>>>> to answer your question I slept like a freakin baby that night...lol
    Truth and DeepseekerADS like this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23287 times
    Metal Detecting
    Put it this way I’m still up

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23287 times
    Metal Detecting

anyone else get insomnia?

Quote Originally Posted by lairmo View Post
    I throw up on THC..(the stuff around here..haven't had any for almost 18 years..) Not opposed to it, just can't handle it after I've had my six pack..tried almost everything in the book. Nothing more than a tequila shot in almost 20 yrs.....Besides That salvia (NOT POT)... I thought I was gonna die after the second go around...I must be a light weight, BUT>>>>> to answer your question I slept like a freakin baby that night...lol
    Yeah definitely not THC even at it most highest.....trust me. You’re not a light weight that stuff is crazy lairmo lol
    Last edited by Truth; Jul 27, 2019 at 03:28 AM.
    lairmo likes this.

Mar 2019
    1 times
    Me, but I've had it for a long time now.

Mar 2019
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by slide95 View Post

Dafont Showbox Adam4adam

Jul 2019
    I'm a genuine individual that languishes over sleep deprivation. It was hard when I worked at the workplace. It used to crack me out that every other person is awakening from a decent night rest and I've been up 38 hours eyes harming from being open so long. I needed to make changes and I work at my hours and for the most part, distinguish at 6am toward the end on my day. I do really suck in light of the fact that my calendar is diverse at that point every other person's. Glad I just have a bunch companions. My dozing pills help now and again, yet never appear to trust commendable.

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    963 times
    there are nocturnal people, but irregular sleeping trying to mesh with a fixed schedule is hell
    work towards self-employment

mx
    May 2010
    446 times
    A few years ago, the wife of the Baptist pastor in my village looked very tired and seemed to be constantly yawning. I asked her about it, and she said she seldom could sleep more than three hours a night. When I diplomatically (I hope) asked her if she had things on her mind, she said she had bad family memories from her childhood and could not get them out of her mind. I asked her husband's permission to teach some basic EFT techniques.

Contrary to many opinions, EFT is not satanic. Dr. Still, founder of D.O. medicine said he thought the organs communicate with each other. If you have a bad experience, your brain communicates it to the heart which acts as a server and sends the emotions to the organs which answer back. Over and over and over. EFT is a simple tapping sequence based on the same concepts as Acupuncture. The Chinese figured this out thousands of years ago. EFT interrupts the over and over part.

It works on vets with PTSD. In the 90's, Gary Craig took a team to a California vets hospital and tried it on some vets who were still in there since the Viet Nam war. They sent several home within a week, to stay.

You can get all the info you need on-line, free. But, Gary Craig has two forms, one is called the Gold Standard, the other one is for space cadets, avoid.

Anyway, she tried it. When I saw the pastor, I asked if it worked, The first night, she slept till 10 am and he woke her up because they were all hungry. I asked him, Can't you cook? He laughed and said, yes, I can cook but I am not going to do it. The Mexican man in action.

It seems too good to be true, but it is based on the human body, not nutsoidal spiritualism as many imagine before even reading about it. This is not spam, I have no financial interest in it. Craig does have videos for sale, but they are totally optional.

There is also videos specifically teaching how to do it for veterans with combat PTSD. If I had contact with vets, I would buy the videos, but I am in Mexico.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    17631 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I suffered very serious insomnia for years. I remember the worst I ever went was a week without sleep, and it of course took me about two weeks afterwards to normalize. Those were my divorce years, thus "understandable" when you just can't win.

Got through those years and today I sleep normally/well. My problem was the internal demons and I survived them. I've no perfect answer for sleep, just don't worry myself about it anymore, and I sleep.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    963 times

Advanced Phase Sleep Disorder (APSD)

an interesting thread/topic, caused me to think (and read) a bit about why I sleep at 8 PM and arise at 4 AM.

while new to me (the words) APSD is apparently well known, and some who have it complain about insomnia in the morning
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanc...phase_disorder

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links