anyone else get insomnia?

ethanmiller

Jul 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a genuine individual that languishes over sleep deprivation. It was hard when I worked at the workplace. It used to crack me out that every other person is awakening from a decent night rest and I've been up 38 hours eyes harming from being open so long. I needed to make changes and I work at my hours and for the most part, distinguish at 6am toward the end on my day. I do really suck in light of the fact that my calendar is diverse at that point every other person's. Glad I just have a bunch companions. My dozing pills help now and again, yet never appear to trust commendable.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
A few years ago, the wife of the Baptist pastor in my village looked very tired and seemed to be constantly yawning. I asked her about it, and she said she seldom could sleep more than three hours a night. When I diplomatically (I hope) asked her if she had things on her mind, she said she had bad family memories from her childhood and could not get them out of her mind. I asked her husband's permission to teach some basic EFT techniques.

Contrary to many opinions, EFT is not satanic. Dr. Still, founder of D.O. medicine said he thought the organs communicate with each other. If you have a bad experience, your brain communicates it to the heart which acts as a server and sends the emotions to the organs which answer back. Over and over and over. EFT is a simple tapping sequence based on the same concepts as Acupuncture. The Chinese figured this out thousands of years ago. EFT interrupts the over and over part.

It works on vets with PTSD. In the 90's, Gary Craig took a team to a California vets hospital and tried it on some vets who were still in there since the Viet Nam war. They sent several home within a week, to stay.

You can get all the info you need on-line, free. But, Gary Craig has two forms, one is called the Gold Standard, the other one is for space cadets, avoid.

Anyway, she tried it. When I saw the pastor, I asked if it worked, The first night, she slept till 10 am and he woke her up because they were all hungry. I asked him, Can't you cook? He laughed and said, yes, I can cook but I am not going to do it. :D The Mexican man in action.

It seems too good to be true, but it is based on the human body, not nutsoidal spiritualism as many imagine before even reading about it. This is not spam, I have no financial interest in it. Craig does have videos for sale, but they are totally optional.

There is also videos specifically teaching how to do it for veterans with combat PTSD. If I had contact with vets, I would buy the videos, but I am in Mexico.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I suffered very serious insomnia for years. I remember the worst I ever went was a week without sleep, and it of course took me about two weeks afterwards to normalize. Those were my divorce years, thus "understandable" when you just can't win.

Got through those years and today I sleep normally/well. My problem was the internal demons and I survived them. I've no perfect answer for sleep, just don't worry myself about it anymore, and I sleep.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I have a different problem. I suffered from insomnia for a long time, and only recently found out why.

Old men snore. Horrible to be a wife of a man who snores. I normally only slept an hour or two, maybe three, then lie awake for hours. Very frustrating.

A few months ago, I thought it was the end of my life. A whole week I felt totally tired and rotten. I assumed that is how one feels before the end. I am 77.

One day it came over me. My wife is poking me when I snore, which means when I am sleeping deeply as needed to rest. I talked to a neighbor woman who admitted she used to poke her husband when he snored loudly. I waited a few days, the same thing. Then, I told my wife I had figured out she was poking me to wake me up when I snored, and I was moving to another bedroom. Our house in the mountains has, um, 5 or six bedrooms and unless we have company, there are only two of us.

She said she wanted to be the one to move, which was certainly fine with me.

Almost immediately, time awake started climbing. Now most nights I get at least 6 hours of sleep, sometimes more than that. Suddenly, I feel great. I had a major SIBO attack in 2015, and since then have felt run down and tired all the time. Now, I feel much greater, seldom need a nap during the day, and have started a graduated exercise program to see if I can walk to the ranch over the mountains.

I am not hostile to my wife. I can understand on her part hearing a fog horn a few inches from her ears would keep her awake, as well. But, now it is at least 65 feet between hear ear and my snoring mouth. Yes, it is a big house, for only two people.

Stylus

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know how insomnia works if you are tired or what.. but i have opposite problem NEED minmium 10 hours of sleep otherwise i need some more sleep at afternoon. But if i sleep in afternoon i cant sleep at night then. So it is imposible to sleep 10 hours a night while you woke up at 6 a.m. so iam pretty much extremly tired forever. I think i need some sort of vitamins or whatever.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I just don’t like to sleep. My job is physical and outside in extreme temps year round, so you’d think my body/mind would crave a good nights rest. Nope.

TimberCrack

Jul 30, 2013
wyoming
Detector(s) used
white's 6000/D coin master
White's MXT
Garrettt ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I concur...smoke a big HOOTER.....

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try watching the same tv shows your wife likes together.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Listening to an audio book in bed will always put me to sleep if I'm tired.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread