anyone else get insomnia?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: anyone else get insomnia?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro...I am a wealth of mostly trivial information.....

Jan 2011
    Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer
    3387 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

How do you deal with it? Every so often I get my sleep schedule all turned on its head somehow and I'll find myself laying in bed for hours not being able to sleep.

I'm not interested in medications or sleeping pills, because I do still need to be able to wake up an go to work.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

I collect military relics, mainly German and American, but interested in others as well, pre 1945 .. Always interested in adding to my collection

some of my antique photo collection : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itĒ ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    23287 times
    Metal Detecting

Iím a true person that suffers for insomnia. It was hard when I worked at the office. It used to freak me out that everyone else is waking up from a good night sleep and Iíve been up 38 hours eyes hurting from being open so long. I had to make changes and I work at my hours and usually detect at 6am at the end on my day. I does truly suck because my schedule is different then everyoneís else. Happy I only have a handful friends. My sleeping pills helps at times, but never seem to be trust worthy. I always joke a say I need that Michael Jackson stuff lol

Lots of times my Queen and I are under totally opposite schedules in the same house and my wife donít work. So I waiting 2 hours to go hit a permission for 3 hours then come home and pass out. Waiting now for 6am ugggh tuff life....Itís cray isnít it? Lol

Maybe it was our crazy New Orleans lifestyles hmmm

us
    Jul 2012
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    CURRENT: E-Trac FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250 HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
    626 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Are you drinking caffeine products or energy shots of any kind? I agree about the medications and such...we're already over medicated in this world these days. Getting more exercise during the day helps...brisk walking or bicycling or whatever. Anything that will encourage your brain to release more endorphine or dopamine...which ever or either induces sleep naturally. I think Lemon Balm and especially Catnip teas are pretty good...natural sedatives. The herb 'valerian root' is good too. Otherwise, you need to be strict about your sleep-wake cycles. Determine if your issue is due to emotional or depressive issues or reduced productivity...it could be dietary or emotional or simply that you have too much on your plate and shut down on discipline.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600, 720i Stealth Scoop
    7094 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarl View Post
    Are you drinking caffeine products or energy shots of any kind? I agree about the medications and such...we're already over medicated in this world these days. Getting more exercise during the day helps...brisk walking or bicycling or whatever. Anything that will encourage your brain to release more endorphine or dopamine...which ever or either induces sleep naturally. I think Lemon Balm and especially Catnip teas are pretty good...natural sedatives. The herb 'valerian root' is good too. Otherwise, you need to be strict about your sleep-wake cycles. Determine if your issue is due to emotional or depressive issues or reduced productivity...it could be dietary or emotional or simply that you have too much on your plate and shut down on discipline.
    Very good advice!

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600, 720i Stealth Scoop
    7094 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Shoulder pain keeps me up every 1-2 hours. It’s exhausting. Sometimes I don’t go to bed until dawn.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    6558 times
    Metal Detecting
    When y'all figure it out, let me know. My eyes will pop open at 3 AM, and that's it.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

us
    George

Jun 2019
    Ak,Tn
    Minelab, Fisher
    458 times
    Prospecting
    Melatonin works well for some, I've changed time zones so much lol my sleep cycles don't know where they are...

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    22880 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Since I retired, my schedule is a little odd. Not truly insomnia though. If I have a coffee, just one, after 2 pm I'll be up most of the night. So I don't do that. One Tylenol usually lets me get to sleep as the biggest reason I don't is arthritis in my knee. Woke up at 6 am today due to it.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Espiritu Santo de Tampa - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    45984 times
    Smoke marijuana... Indica strains are the best for sleep... America's best kept secret.

Sleep like a baby.
    Flipperfla, BillA, Truth and 8 others like this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...l-welcome.html

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    963 times
    as I live alone, I do what I want, when I want, etc.
    if I am not inclined to sleep I get up and do something, sooner or later I will wish to sleep and then I do so

don't get upset, just get up - read, computer (to read), -> NO TV

ARC is quite correct, a couple of puffs in a calm environment and addios

us
    Jul 2012
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    CURRENT: E-Trac FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250 HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
    626 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Reading also ... for me at about time to sleep ... instant drowsiness. Don't forget about running fans, total darkness, lilting radio music, boring tv shows etc...

Charter Member
    us
    Ethan

Apr 2019
    North Eastern Kentucky
    My dads Whites MXT
    13193 times
    Relic Hunting
    I am not sure if I have it, but I barely sleep anymore, so maybe. I just push through, and ignore it. I'm young, so I guess I have energy reserved for the day, but as I get older, prolly' not.
    "The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy." - Jubal Early

"We'll fight them, sir, till hell freezes over, and then, sir, we'll fight them on ice" - Unknown Confederate soldier

Bullets wanted! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tr...ml#post6272084

Sep 2012
    N.E. Texas
    Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
    546 times
    Melatonin, as Alaskaseeker mentioned. I get to sleep quicker, but actually wake up sooner with it than without it, with no lingering drowsiness.
    RustyGold and Joe-Dirt like this.
    We've all got holes to fill, and them holes are all that's real. Some fall on you like a storm, sometimes you dig your own. Townes Van Zandt

It's Your World, I'm Just Passing Through

Jul 2019
    Virginia
    MX5 Treasurepro v3i
    46 times
    Metal Detecting
    Insomnia is dangerous stuff to play with. I've had it for years. My blood pressure has always been high, and you don't realize how much true sleep is lost until you have a sleep study. Before my sleep study and C-Pap, I thought I was fine and never really thought much about it. But since my C-Pap, I can honestly say and see the difference. 25 years of shift work, I thought my moments of being bogged down during a day was due to it. But it was more so from bad sleep. My energy and alertness has greatly increased. I strongly recommend any and all to have a study done. Blood flow, airway, heart beat, vision, all is loss through bad sleep.
    (And I love a glass f milk with a spoon of honey in it before bedtime)
    RustyGold, Swaveab and Joe-Dirt like this.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of itĒ ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    23287 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    Smoke marijuana... Indica strains are the best for sleep... America's best kept secret.

Sleep like a baby.
    Exactly and I keep running into sativa. Canít wait until can just walk in a get the right med for me. I did eat a whole caramel and cleaned the whole house like a lunatic. Lol My Queen asked if I could get me that one once a month. Man those edibles last a long time.

It was so delicious
    RustyGold, AARC, Joe-Dirt and 3 others like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links