NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you deal with it? Every so often I get my sleep schedule all turned on its head somehow and I'll find myself laying in bed for hours not being able to sleep.

I'm not interested in medications or sleeping pills, because I do still need to be able to wake up an go to work.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m a true person that suffers for insomnia. It was hard when I worked at the office. It used to freak me out that everyone else is waking up from a good night sleep and I’ve been up 38 hours eyes hurting from being open so long. I had to make changes and I work at my hours and usually detect at 6am at the end on my day. I does truly suck because my schedule is different then everyone’s else. Happy I only have a handful friends. My sleeping pills helps at times, but never seem to be trust worthy. I always joke a say I need that Michael Jackson stuff lol

Lots of times my Queen and I are under totally opposite schedules in the same house and my wife don’t work. So I waiting 2 hours to go hit a permission for 3 hours then come home and pass out. Waiting now for 6am ugggh tuff life....It’s cray isn’t it? Lol

Maybe it was our crazy New Orleans lifestyles hmmm

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you drinking caffeine products or energy shots of any kind? I agree about the medications and such...we're already over medicated in this world these days. Getting more exercise during the day helps...brisk walking or bicycling or whatever. Anything that will encourage your brain to release more endorphine or dopamine...which ever or either induces sleep naturally. I think Lemon Balm and especially Catnip teas are pretty good...natural sedatives. The herb 'valerian root' is good too. Otherwise, you need to be strict about your sleep-wake cycles. Determine if your issue is due to emotional or depressive issues or reduced productivity...it could be dietary or emotional or simply that you have too much on your plate and shut down on discipline.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you drinking caffeine products or energy shots of any kind? I agree about the medications and such...we're already over medicated in this world these days. Getting more exercise during the day helps...brisk walking or bicycling or whatever. Anything that will encourage your brain to release more endorphine or dopamine...which ever or either induces sleep naturally. I think Lemon Balm and especially Catnip teas are pretty good...natural sedatives. The herb 'valerian root' is good too. Otherwise, you need to be strict about your sleep-wake cycles. Determine if your issue is due to emotional or depressive issues or reduced productivity...it could be dietary or emotional or simply that you have too much on your plate and shut down on discipline.
Very good advice!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Shoulder pain keeps me up every 1-2 hours. It’s exhausting. Sometimes I don’t go to bed until dawn.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When y'all figure it out, let me know. My eyes will pop open at 3 AM, and that's it.

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Melatonin works well for some, I've changed time zones so much lol my sleep cycles don't know where they are...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I retired, my schedule is a little odd. Not truly insomnia though. If I have a coffee, just one, after 2 pm I'll be up most of the night. So I don't do that. One Tylenol usually lets me get to sleep as the biggest reason I don't is arthritis in my knee. Woke up at 6 am today due to it.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smoke marijuana... Indica strains are the best for sleep... America's best kept secret.

Sleep like a baby.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
as I live alone, I do what I want, when I want, etc.
if I am not inclined to sleep I get up and do something, sooner or later I will wish to sleep and then I do so

don't get upset, just get up - read, computer (to read), -> NO TV

ARC is quite correct, a couple of puffs in a calm environment and addios

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading also ... for me at about time to sleep ... instant drowsiness. Don't forget about running fans, total darkness, lilting radio music, boring tv shows etc...

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am not sure if I have it, but I barely sleep anymore, so maybe. I just push through, and ignore it. I'm young, so I guess I have energy reserved for the day, but as I get older, prolly' not.

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Melatonin, as Alaskaseeker mentioned. I get to sleep quicker, but actually wake up sooner with it than without it, with no lingering drowsiness.

7mmstw

Greenie
Jul 8, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MX5 Treasurepro v3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Insomnia is dangerous stuff to play with. I've had it for years. My blood pressure has always been high, and you don't realize how much true sleep is lost until you have a sleep study. Before my sleep study and C-Pap, I thought I was fine and never really thought much about it. But since my C-Pap, I can honestly say and see the difference. 25 years of shift work, I thought my moments of being bogged down during a day was due to it. But it was more so from bad sleep. My energy and alertness has greatly increased. I strongly recommend any and all to have a study done. Blood flow, airway, heart beat, vision, all is loss through bad sleep.
(And I love a glass f milk with a spoon of honey in it before bedtime)

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smoke marijuana... Indica strains are the best for sleep... America's best kept secret.

Sleep like a baby.

Exactly and I keep running into sativa. Can’t wait until can just walk in a get the right med for me. I did eat a whole caramel and cleaned the whole house like a lunatic. Lol My Queen asked if I could get me that one once a month. Man those edibles last a long time.

It was so delicious [emoji39]

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the opposite problem.
I get off work and sit down in the lazy chair.
Open my eyes and I'm almost late to work.

Can't put dinner stuff away..get anything done at home..finish a tv show.

Lights out...

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good replies and a lot to think about here so far.

For me, I'll be sitting in my living room feeling dead tired, occasionally about to fall asleep in my chair, but the minute I lay in bed I'm wide awake again. I think part of it is the arthritis in my knees makes it hard to get comfortable, but it does that in the chair or on the couch too....

I can't try pot for it, I work construction and that would cause me all sorts of trouble if there was an accident on a job, (plus I just can't handle the smell of it) but I'll look into the other things mentioned here

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mother had great results with CBD oil for numerous things. She’s in her mid 70s and was desperate so she tried it on the advice of a family friend. Bad knee pain... couldnt walk but maybe 10 steps before she had to sit... High blood pressure and high sugar numbers... has been on meds for years and all they did was cause major side effects. This particular CBD oil is the highest quality available in the US and is produced in USA.

I can tell you my mother now is off all high blood pressure meds, is walking better than I am, and her blood sugar numbers are in half. Happened all within a month of taking it 2x a day. Since then everyone in my family is using it. Including our pets. ( there is a pet formula too).

There are so many companies selling other than high quality CBD. Be sure to read the label. And if they don’t offer third party lab results.. forget it. Fancy packaging does not equate high quality. Some are produced by chemical extraction... ethanol. Yep what’s in your car. This company uses CO2 extraction.

For those worried about drug tests.. this company offers a ZERO TCH formula. They have 11 or twelve products. Some with TCG. Some ZERO.

Anyway I’m not here to promote the stuff but I’m a believer. If you want more info PM me.

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typo time again. THC is the correct acronym. Also I’ll add the amount of THC in the products that have it is minimal. Does not get you high. For me it just has a relaxing affect. Helps me sleep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread