Adjusting sensitivity on my whites dfx
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 49er12
  • 1 Post By renegah
  • 1 Post By Professor of Engineering
  • 1 Post By amekassa12
  • 1 Post By 49er12

Thread: Adjusting sensitivity on my whites dfx

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Observer

Aug 2013
    Wastelands
    Whites DFX
    219 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Adjusting sensitivity on my whites dfx

Boy when Iím even close to these dam wires, It goes nuts. Being that said whatís your recommend on this machine adjust sensitivity to what and adjust anything else. Thanks

Aug 2019
    1 times
    I know with a lot of detectors you need to adjust and tweak depending on soil conditions and many other factors.How often do you need to adjust your DFX settings? Do you have a tweaked program that you hunt with all the time. Do you stick with the stock programs mainly?
    Dafont Showbox Adam4adam
    Last edited by renegah; Aug 04, 2019 at 02:01 PM.
    vpnavy likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    13643 times
    1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard renegah! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
    2nd - You might consider jumping over to METAL DETECTING FORUM > BRANDS WHITE'S and doing a quick search - found a bunch of threads talking about Adjusting Sensitivity...
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.

us
    Observer

Aug 2013
    Wastelands
    Whites DFX
    219 times
    It’s basically when I’m close to power lines, I use hi pro setting it works good on most hunting thanks

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    26920 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Hello 49er12,

You can try lowering the A.C Sensitivity or the Pre-amp Gain (1-4 settings). If you lower the two setting too much, much depth will be lost, but you may have to forfeit depth for stability.

Good Luck!

Doc
    solx nys likes this.

Aug 2019
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor of Engineering View Post
    Hello 49er12,

You can try lowering the A.C Sensitivity or the Pre-amp Gain (1-4 settings). If you lower the two setting too much, much depth will be lost, but you may have to forfeit depth for stability.

Good Luck!

Doc
    I know with a lot of detectors you need to adjust and tweak depending on soil conditions and many other factors.How often do you need to adjust your DFX settings? Do you have a tweaked program that you hunt with all the time. Do you stick with the stock programs mainly?

us
    Observer

Aug 2013
    Wastelands
    Whites DFX
    219 times
    U no what I use this hi pro option, an old timer introduced that setting choice, this machine is great with quarters but other coins as well, how often I use stock programs not much lately I like this here and the tones, this machine is still amazingly good. And as far as interfering, it only comes with power lines that I notice simply goes wacko. So that’s why I ask what 1 or 2 adjustments to make I’m no expert on anything appreciate the response

us
    Observer

Aug 2013
    Wastelands
    Whites DFX
    219 times
    Thanks power lines the only thing I can tell, u say go a notch or two a.c. Sensitivity, pre amped gain

Aug 2019
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 49er12 View Post
    Thanks power lines the only thing I can tell, u say go a notch or auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solvertwo a.c. Sensitivity, pre amped gain

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    26920 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Amekassa12,

I adjust the machine settings to the conditions I'm hunting, usually only a few. I start with a stock program and modify as needed. I also use this method with the V3i. Just because there are many settings only few need to be adjusted for a new area. Good Luck!

Doc

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    26920 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    49er12,

Yes. I run my DFX and V3i rather "hot", but lowering the AC or pre-amp down will help. I would not go below 2 on the pre-amp. Good Luck.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links