gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was a dumb one. Should have used the pulling the machine out of a rock for the Xcals. No info, just some adman's idea of cool.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, just smoke and mirrors made by Hollywood or some such critter. The new Star Wars detector.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not Impressed :( & I'm a Minelab Fan.

Video has Nothing whatsoever with Proving the Detector :(

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff of Pa is my hero. Don't buy a machine from a video! Minelab makes some fine machines. As does White's, TI, Garrett, XP, Tesoro (no particular order) and on and on. Don't buy any machine from a video. Video is kinda funny though, the "Star Wars" video!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not to step on your toes Toecutter, but after a year I guess and much hrs on it I’m stilll learning this machine and rightfully so. I still believe you still need 1000hrs + on a machine to know it well. I hit iron infested sights often and the dreaded falsing on iron nails, iron bits and old rusty bottle caps I need to learn that because I’ll did a choppy quick. I’m trying to slowdown, like the ones who I use to make fun for not doing a lot. Their learning!!! Lol

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its just an ad, not a review or training video.

OP
OP
Toecutter

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys this is a advertisement, thought this was a good place to share it, I understand the advertisement does not go into detail of the machine.... that being said Im sure they will release a more detailed ad, I for one do not need another machine and do not plan to buy another machine but I think they have done a awesome job thus fare with their ads...

Sorry some of you guys cant see that...

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not quite as dramatic as a parachuter but close! Lol.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys this is a advertisement, thought this was a good place to share it, I understand the advertisement does not go into detail of the machine.... that being said Im sure they will release a more detailed ad, I for one do not need another machine and do not plan to buy another machine but I think they have done a awesome job thus fare with their ads...

Sorry some of you guys cant see that...

wasn't a Putdown T_c :coffee2:

Just saying Dramatic ads impress me the same as a Spam Email
for Hemorrhoid cream would.

or a TV ad I'd fast forward through

Not my cup of Coffee ! I'd like to See the screen While it is Being used & Explained.

Your Posts are Always welcome & Appreciated :notworthy:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife’s going out of town so I’m bringing her to the NOLA airport and then pass by the Rev Fort and I’m gonna TRY to cherry pick signS that sound good both ways with solid sound and using that 10Khz to see if it’s iron. Using the 6” hit those old oak trees roots. Wish me luck [emoji256]

OP
OP
Toecutter

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iv noticed that if i get a high tone and i can get just a little bit of the high tone to hit in a different direction, i usually end up with a green Indian or wheat, but if i cant get the little bit of a high tone in anther direction and dig anyways itll be a bent piece of iron... hope that helps a little!! I always use multi tone...

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iv noticed that if i get a high tone and i can get just a little bit of the high tone to hit in a different direction, i usually end up with a green Indian or wheat, but if i cant get the little bit of a high tone in anther direction and dig anyways itll be a bent piece of iron... hope that helps a little!! I always use multi tone...

I tried it already and every time I was just straight up obsessive to dig a hole when it was showing on 10 kHz it was always right, but I get bored quick sosometimes I just got a dig, but Once I release my control problem I’ll let my detector tell me and I’ll trust to believe it LOL

OP
OP
Toecutter

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried it already and every time I was just straight up obsessive to dig a hole when it was showing on 10 kHz it was always right, but I get bored quick sosometimes I just got a dig, but Once I release my control problem I’ll let my detector tell me and I’ll trust to believe it LOL

LOL thats how I am at the beginning of the hunt but by the end of the hunt my detector does most of the work....

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, 1000 hours? Not really. You need good sites and need to go slow and dig the iffy stuff. No machine in existence at this time will absolutely tell you what's under the coil all the time. Maybe in the next century.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope. I like easy detectors that lazy ass guys like me can use anytime.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why I like my two machines as I fit in the old, tired, arthritic and lazy arse type!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread