Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sometimes you find something really cool and I usually wonder where all it had been and been part of. Of course you wonder who had owned it before as well as how bad they missed it after losing it. Some of those old buttons from the various wars, you have no idea what they had been part of.

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
kinda why i hunt the places I do. I usually know who SHOULD have owned it, and some of their history.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I love about this hobby

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always think about who owned the item i find, how it was lost, if they went looking for the item, if the person is still alive etc. When i find old toys i always wonder how old the person is that played with the toy. I just love this hobby

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah on some level I try to imagine the "life" this inanimate object had. How many hands it passed through how many conversations it overheard. Where it's been. Someday we will be able to know! Ha!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMHO: Finding old and personal items are the best part of this hobby. :icon_thumleft:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh sure. Some things are obvious like a minie ball. All some things make you scratch your head like a 14th century silver coin on this side of the pond.

Arthur-Dent

Banned
Jul 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've wondered about the old toys that I find.
I'm still searching for the ones I have lost.

L

l2hunt

I wonder who the people were and usually how in the heck did the item wind up in that area a lot of times!

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time I retrieve a coin, or relic, I roll it around in my fingers; and wonder who, what, when, where, and how. A seated dime would buy a meal, so you have to wonder if some kid had to tell his dad he lost it, or some young paramour couldn’t get that ice cream for his girl. Its all about the history, for me.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will wonder about the real old coins that I find, but its mostly the relics, personal items and toys that get my mind churning. I virtually think about every item that I dig. That's what makes this hobby so fun, although most times you will never have an answer.

Skifisher

Apr 17, 2007
Anaheim, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX
Although I love to uncover a mint state coin, I think I prefer a worn coin just because of all the history it has been through, the hands that handled it, was it was sent for. That's the reason I search and dig.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time I retrieve a coin, or relic, I roll it around in my fingers; and wonder who, what, when, where, and how. A seated dime would buy a meal, so you have to wonder if some kid had to tell his dad he lost it, or some young paramour couldn’t get that ice cream for his girl. Its all about the history, for me.

I found a 1852 seated dime on Sanabel Island by the light house. A few years later I read where president Lincoln visited the lighthouse and took a walk on the beach. I often wonder if he dropped it...

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to know how so many suspender clips get lost in the woods and when they lose their suspenders why didn't they lose their coins too...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread