What music gets you revved up to find treasure?

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a broken down 2001 Toyota Corolla with a tape deck. I found a copied tape I made about 24 years ago. It had the Cro-Mags, Agnostic Front and Sick O It All. I'd play this tape almost every time I went detecting. Sometimes I imagined it gave me luck. If I found something good I'd blast the tape driving home too! Now I have a nice Subaru and it plays cd's. I've been obsessed with a John Entwistle cd. It pretty much has to be some form of rock n roll that rocks.

You are free: flying down the highway or backroads and you are anticipating something good.... What music do you like to listen to before you go swinging for history?

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This became my workout song but when I played it before detecting, I became a beast out in the field!

Motivates me to be the best at all I do.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy listening because it will drive me nuts and I will run out of the house to escape it.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, that's easy.... :laughing7:

Metal detecting time goes by way too fast, anyways... :laughing7:

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good post. I have thought about this many times driving to a site.. I simply try to avoid songs that are annoying, like “Baby Shark”

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If some one would have said AC/DC Rush arrowsmith stones ZZ top Scorpians ect were still touring in 2015 back in the 80s I would have said your nuts I saw Rush Geddy and crew they were old couldnt hit the same notes but that was freakin awesome I still love going to concerts tons of signed drum heads all that I have a signed pic of Robert plant from 1976 tons of recent bands signed stuff Shinedown I have signed promo posters artist print from Jefferson Wood ooops way off topic

OP
OP
X

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If some one would have said AC/DC Rush arrowsmith stones ZZ top Scorpians ect were still touring in 2015 back in the 80s I would have said your nuts I saw Rush Geddy and crew they were old couldnt hit the same notes but that was freakin awesome I still love going to concerts tons of signed drum heads all that I have a signed pic of Robert plant from 1976 tons of recent bands signed stuff Shinedown I have signed promo posters artist print from Jefferson Wood ooops way off topic

So you met Robert Plant!? Heavy Metal Detecting!!!

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Any musical piece from the movie Gettysburg, Dixieland and Battle cry of freedom by the 2nd South Carolina string band.

I especially like the Gettysburg soundtrack. I am in a slower, more thoughtful mood when I hear those pieces.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Saw Shinedown with Halestorm recently. It was 97° with about a 105° heat index at an outdoor venue and these guys came out and played while wearing three piece suits! I gained a ton of respect for them for doing that!
On Sunday the 4th we sat in the 8th row for the Peter Frampton Farewell Tour and Jason Bonhams Led Zeppelin Evening. Amazing show.
Last month we saw Santana with The Doobie Brothers.

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Saw Shinedown with Halestorm recently. It was 97° with about a 105° heat index at an outdoor venue and these guys came out and played while wearing three piece suits! I gained a ton of respect for them for doing that!
On Sunday the 4th we sat in the 8th row for the Peter Frampton Farewell Tour and Jason Bonhams Led Zeppelin Evening. Amazing show.
Jason Bonham on my bucket list.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude your just like me still love concerts Shinedown Seether Halestorm Rock on the Range look that up on Google its every year Columbus Ohio 3 days 50 plus bands Good bands

Last edited:

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lynyrd Skynyrd does it for me, as well as the Outlaws. Guess I'm just a little old school. Edit: really old school!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread