Will somebody please email me when these stupid incessant pop-up ads are gone!!!

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Take a look at the fairly new Brave Browser (brought to you by the creators of JavaScript and Mozilla). Built in ad blocker and NO MORE ADD TRACKING! Takes some getting used to, haven't looked back since making the switch.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you download adblock which is free it stops most ads.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
TODAY on FIREFOX .. Even with AdBlocker:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 2.45.07 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 2.45.07 PM.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 71

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have Ad blocker plus? I just went to Firefox add ons and there is now an Ad blocker ultimate available but I don't know if it is free. I don't get any ads.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use an ad blocker but it really doesn’t block all ads - just those nasty pop up ones that either prevent you from viewing a page or take you to their site.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have adblocker pro. It's free and I don't see any ads... You can't get on the internet today without an ad blocker.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the one that was driving me nuts!
02C12E52-171C-4DDB-B90C-9C06A83676F5.jpeg

I'd get it here every visit and at the Drudge news aggregate.
I think it's malware in the legit advertisements.

Spent a couple bucks on Purify and have not had anything annoying since.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting real tired of them also. They just started showing up about a month ago, and are getting worse. They make the screen jump until they have shown up. I use to enjoy just clicking on a thread and reading it. Now I have to wait for the dog gone screen to stop jumping so I can even see the thread to click on it.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting real tired of them also. They just started showing up about a month ago, and are getting worse. They make the screen jump until they have shown up. I use to enjoy just clicking on a thread and reading it. Now I have to wait for the dog gone screen to stop jumping so I can even see the thread to click on it.

It’s almost more like a virus than an ad. I followed all of Apple’s suggestions to get rid of it but nothing worked and it reached the point where it was almost impossible to read an article or look at a website until I downloaded an ad blocker.

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really, only charter members should be griping, right? Isn't that part of the Charter membership; getting rid of ads? It used to be, I know that much. If it's still the case and you do not have a charter membership, too bad I guess. Pony up.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just turned my laptop on for the first time since late June and after spending about an hour updating windows I logged onto this site and immediately started seeing ads. I installed Ad blocker ultimate and the ads disappeared. Ultimate is a free download but they do ask for donations. I will see how well it works and then make a donation. So far, so good.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to re-log in just now. Thought maybe because something had been fixed. No such luck.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
What really bugs me is ads that have no way to close them. I have been getting them on Liberty Daily. I don't mind closing ads, but in one case it stayed up for weeks. with no X anywhere. Any marketing person who thinks an ad is effective after a steady two weeks is mentally ill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions