The History Channel is Digging Up John Dillingers Body But Nobody Really Knows Why
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: The History Channel is Digging Up John Dillingers Body But Nobody Really Knows Why

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    32907 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

The History Channel is Digging Up John Dillinger's Body But Nobody Really Knows Why

The History Channel has received a permit to dig up the body of 1930s gangster John Dillinger from his grave at a cemetery in Indiana. Why? Nobody really knows yet.

Dillinger became a folk hero for robbing banks as a kind of Robin Hood figure during the Great Depression. And by all accounts, Dillinger was strangely polite during his robberies, leading many average Americans to celebrate someone who they saw as simply sticking it to the bankers. But Dillinger was killed in a shootout with police in Chicago during the summer of 1934.
    Some have speculated over the years that Dillinger’s body may not actually be buried in the grave that has been his supposed resting place since 1934. And the best working guess is that the producers from the History Channel simply want to see if he’s actually buried there. But even if Dillinger really is buried on the north side of Indianapolis, the History Channel might have a bit of difficulty getting to the body, according to historians in Indiana.

Indiana health department spokeswoman Jeni O’Malley said that based on the permit, the agency expects Dillinger’s body will be exhumed and reinterred on Sept. 16 — the date listed on the document.
    But digging up Dillinger’s grave might prove a difficult task because days after his son’s funeral, Dillinger’s father had the casket reburied under a protective cap of concrete and scrap iron topped by four reinforced-concrete slabs, said Susan Sutton, a historian with the Indiana Historical Society.
    “I think they’re going to have a hard time getting through that,” Sutton said.
    The concrete protection of the body was put in place because Dillinger’s family wanted to thwart vandals from getting at the gangster. Public figures who were both loved and hated throughout the 19th and early 20th century would sometimes take extra precautions to ensure that their bodies weren’t tampered with after death. Railroad baron George Pullman, who died in 1897, was famously buried much deeper than usual and encased in thick concrete to make sure the workers who despised him couldn’t desecrate his remains.

GB1 and Simon1 like this.

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    963 times
    let me guess . . . .
    TV time/advertising

do I win a prize ?
    jeff of pa, Shakakka, SD51 and 1 others like this.

Aug 2016
    MI
    E-TRAC
    3717 times
    Great, if I view the video, will I start getting ads for caskets?
    Simon1, A2coins and Meadow like this.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    2997 times
    We all are wondering where he and his gangs hid their money.
    SD51 and A2coins like this.

us
    Jul 2018
    Mountains of Western Colorado
    Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Crystal ball,
    1299 times
    They have a couple of feet of concrete to go thru I wonder what they are up to.
    Simon1, SD51 and A2coins like this.
    The mountains have rules.They are harsh rules,but they are there,and if you keep to them you are safe.A mountain is not like men. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exists inside you,inside your soul.

Mar 2016
    2983 times
    So the family made their wishes known through clear actions, yet the government feels it has the right to issue a permit to an entertainment company to violate those wishes??!!

I guess there must be some living family members getting paid off so the final resting place can be disturbed for profit.
    Am I getting warm?

I wonder exactly how long it takes for respect of the dead to wear off?
    smallfoot, Simon1, SD51 and 2 others like this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

us
    May 2019
    Flawda
    Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    862 times
    Another reason to be cremated....
    Simon1, SD51, A2coins and 2 others like this.

au
    Sep 2004
    Eaglehawk
    GPX
    1128 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    No offence Sicking TP
    A2coins likes this.

May 2017
    1316 times
    LOL, I know why. Ratings.
    SD51, A2coins and cyzak like this.

us
    Aug 2018
    West Michigan
    Garrett
    11 times
    When they shot a man in the theater in Chicago and identified it as Dillinger. There’s speculation that they were wrong. The Federal authorities and medical examiner at the time said he had a slight hair color change and a very good facelift. Apparently there’s speculation that this is NOT Dillinger.
    BillA, SD51, A2coins and 3 others like this.

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    963 times
    so would this be the first time an innocent man got killed ? (by you-know-who)
    Simon1, A2coins and cyzak like this.

Aug 2016
    MI
    E-TRAC
    3717 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmansoz View Post
    When they shot a man in the theater in Chicago and identified it as Dillinger. There’s speculation that they were wrong. The Federal authorities and medical examiner at the time said he had a slight hair color change and a very good facelift. Apparently there’s speculation that this is NOT Dillinger.
    Good comment, wonder what they will call the show on the History Channel?
    Simon1, A2coins and cyzak like this.

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    963 times
    my question would be - if not Dillinger - who was killed ?

SD51 - I would give you a title but it would be deleted as "political" (translate anti-government)
    A2coins and SD51 like this.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    32907 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillA View Post
    my question would be - if not Dillinger - who was killed ?

SD51 - I would give you a title but it would be deleted as "political" (translate anti-government)
    ? You mean someone in government Today was Killed back then Instead ?
    and Someone in politics Today was Buried In 1934 ?

at least the way I see it, Historical Politics as related to Historical Times, or a Treasure like "Dillinger", Are Allowed as is old conspiracy theories

Personally, I see this as The History Channel Pulling Strings to Desecrate Dillinger's Grave For Ratings. -I expect they will go in & Take a Sample & Test if it's a Much for a Relative. But What if Someone in the Family Was messing around on the side?
    Then the Conspiracy will live on.

The way I See the Rule, Political Parties, Political Politics & Politicians of The Present, Cannot be Put Down. Or Praised. Anywhere on TreasureNet except in the Political Forum.
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Aug 01, 2019 at 08:39 AM.
    A2coins, cyzak and SD51 like this.

cr
    May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    963 times
    kinda moot 'till we know who is under the slab

but the History Channel still needs a hook . . . . how about "Dillinger Ascended to Heaven, Nothing under Slab when Rolled Back"
    A2coins, cyzak, SD51 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links