Apparently it doesnt work that way.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree22Likes
  • 13 Post By JMaynard
  • 2 Post By Megalodon
  • 2 Post By A2coins
  • 1 Post By Trezurehunter
  • 2 Post By NOLA_Ken
  • 2 Post By Billieg

Thread: Apparently it doesnt work that way.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2018
    Texas
    BH Time Ranger, BH Land Ranger Pro
    60 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Apparently it doesn't work that way.

I'm pretty sure I can't be the only one whose wife does this. She goes on Amazon, puts a few things in the shopping cart and then walks away from it knowing that the next time I need to order something I'll see them and think well shoot, she probably needed that for something so since I'm ordering something I have need of might as well just go ahead and order her stuff too since she probably just forgot to hit order. We had a conversation about that the other day, and she told me "well I didn't order it so I can't be blamed". That got the wheels turning in my head, and when that happens usually something bad happens.

I got to thinking, two can play that game. So, a Nox 800, with pinpointer, headphones, and the works ended up in the shopping cart, just over $1,000.00, and I walked away. A few hours later she's telling me she needs a new printer for her home business, and of course I tell her do what you gotta do, knowing the trap I've set. So she selects her printer which was just under $300, puts it in the cart and I nearly have a heart attack laughing as she looks at the total price of nearly $1300, checks the cart and sees what I added in there. I told her well if you order it that means i didn't and I can't be held responsible. Guess what got taken out of the shopping cart and who doesn't have an Equinox on the way. Oh well can't blame a guy for trying right.
    Toecutter, T.C., Billieg and 10 others like this.

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    2029 times
    Interesting game but a potentially dangerous one as well.
    SD51 and A2coins like this.

Always do right; this will gratify some and astonish the rest.
    - Mark Twain

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    27944 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    My Daughter does that to me lol tell her look my legs are cold give me those pants back lol
    You can transfer warranty and ownership on Minelabs find a friend with a military service have them buy it get zi think it's a 20 percent discount. Tommy

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Aug 2016
    MI
    E-TRAC
    3717 times
    I never win at that game...

I'm gonna try that game with my wife. She forgets a lot anyway ! Should be easy.

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2602 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    My wife did similar to that over the last ten years and racked us up close to six figures in debt.

us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro...I am a wealth of mostly trivial information.....

Jan 2011
    Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer
    3387 times
    I do that to myself, I'll get some idea for a project, drop some supplies in the cart and leave them there, and if next time I see them I still think it's a good idea I'll go ahead and order them, if not then I've saved myself some money and also from having random parts for something I've lost interest in laying around.
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

I collect military relics, mainly German and American, but interested in others as well, pre 1945 .. Always interested in adding to my collection

some of my antique photo collection : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

us
    Jul 2019
    Deltona Fl
    AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
    351 times
    I have the opposite problem. I'm on Amazon everyday and put things in the cart and then at 1am after a few drinks hit buy. The next week is filled with "What did you buy now? When things arrive" Most of the time I forgot and can't give an answer....... Hint: Once in awhile buy something she will like and say "But it's probably for you dear"
    NOLA_Ken and JMaynard like this.
    Looking for a hunting buddy in or around Deltona Fl.

us
    Oct 2014
    Amboy Wa.
    AT Pro
    526 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by JMaynard View Post
    I'm pretty sure I can't be the only one whose wife does this. She goes on Amazon, puts a few things in the shopping cart and then walks away from it knowing that the next time I need to order something I'll see them and think well shoot, she probably needed that for something so since I'm ordering something I have need of might as well just go ahead and order her stuff too since she probably just forgot to hit order. We had a conversation about that the other day, and she told me "well I didn't order it so I can't be blamed". That got the wheels turning in my head, and when that happens usually something bad happens.

I got to thinking, two can play that game. So, a Nox 800, with pinpointer, headphones, and the works ended up in the shopping cart, just over $1,000.00, and I walked away. A few hours later she's telling me she needs a new printer for her home business, and of course I tell her do what you gotta do, knowing the trap I've set. So she selects her printer which was just under $300, puts it in the cart and I nearly have a heart attack laughing as she looks at the total price of nearly $1300, checks the cart and sees what I added in there. I told her well if you order it that means i didn't and I can't be held responsible. Guess what got taken out of the shopping cart and who doesn't have an Equinox on the way. Oh well can't blame a guy for trying right.
    Haven't you learned yet, that is only a one way deal.

us
    Aug 2018
    Texas
    BH Time Ranger, BH Land Ranger Pro
    60 times
    Definitely a dangerous game to play, but I tend to learn the hard way!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links