Anyone hunting East coast of Florida???

Grantisland

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just bought a place right next to Sebastian inlet and an thinking of taking up treasure hunting. Any tips on boat rigging? What the best pull behind sonar/detectors is?
Does anyone actually make money and break even or is everyone always in the red?

Not looking to spend a million on a startup but maybe $100,000........ any tips on what to buy? What is best to search..... shallow or deep water off coast?

Anyone ever look at the high grade pics from satellite in 20 feet of water off Florida coast? Looks like there are many smaller potential boat wrecks (40 to 60 feet) from the pics I’m looking at.

Anyway, let me know any wisdom you guys may have.

Thanks

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You should study and research this very carefully, think you can bang around on the beach but in the water is something else...

OP
OP
G

Grantisland

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am going to do it then I am going for the big bucks. Plenty of people on the beach but I’m looking for the places the masses don’t go. Would really like to be in 15 to 50 feet of water though....... or at least to start.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone more knowledgeable will chime in but I believe you will need a license to do it. The seabed is under lease or contract out there to dive boats looking for treasure.

OP
OP
G

Grantisland

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could be wrong but I think that’s more in the keys. I have heard of that in my research in the keys but not much up here. Could be wrong though.....

Rum Tide

Apr 28, 2019
The Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Yukon Coin Hustler II, Vibra-Tector 740, Pulse Dive (2), Equinox 600, Equinox 800 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the shallow underwater coastal area of Florida from Sebastian to St. Lucie Inlet are leased and/or protected by the State of Florida. Search "1715 lease" in the TreasureNet.com search box. You will find a hoard of information.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just bought a place right next to Sebastian inlet and an thinking of taking up treasure hunting...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You might consider posting this request on Forum: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rum Tide is correct you will need a lease. $2k per season. Apply: Treasure Salvors Inc. Key West. On the beach you are allowed to search from the dunes to the water. This is Strictly Enforced by plane and spotters on the beach.

Last edited:

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am going to do it then I am going for the big bucks. Plenty of people on the beach but I’m looking for the places the masses don’t go. Would really like to be in 15 to 50 feet of water though....... or at least to start.

Well PM me your info and when you need bail I'll only charge 8% to bail you out. I live close by..... Also, 50' starts about 35 miles out where no ships have been found...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread