WHAT COIN IS THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER by an MDer?

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to find a Spanish Peso de a Ocho (Piece of Eight), or a Spanish gold escudo. I have dreams... hopefully one day they'll come true! And if I find more than one, there's an elderly woman (late 80's, early 90's) in Alabama who is friends with my grandmother and told me she's always dreamed of having a gold coin. I told her if I ever found one, I'll make sure she gets it! That'd be the coolest thing I think I could ever do for sure...

Bran <><

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd say a gold coin but that's a high bar item for most.
For me it's silver coins - specifically draped bust & spanish reales!

Attachments

• 091.jpg
    091.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 301
  • 091.jpg
    091.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 298

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
without a doubt a 1916 D MERC! I love mercs and, well, I dont need to explain why I want that one. Also have never found a 20 cent piece at all. That would be nice.

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
I just found an 1857 flying eagle cent,it was such an unexpected and super sweet find ..words couldnt explain my excitement. But i would like to find a few gold coins,if not a silver dollar or two would be nice.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as finding a money coin, that is possible, in my part of the country and since I know of one individual in NJ who found one, I would love to find a 1796 Half Cent NO POLE variety.
Not too many "findable" coins in that league for value. Check out Red Book and you will see what I mean.

It is way more valuable than Chain Cents and many of the other valuable coins.

For a Dream find, this past spring a fellow found in Bucks County Pa an New England Elephant Token, I am not sure if he sold it or not but I saw an amount of $32,000 mentioned for it in the ground found condition..........Of course that is not exactly something you expect to ever find, but you never know......

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leon said:
I would like to find at least one gold coin. ( preferably, the one with the Indian Head on it ) and also at lest one silver dollar, (any kind )... Of-course, they're probably just like potato chips, and I'll want another one right after the first.... ;D
good luck on that gold coin i bet 1 in 5000 hunters will find one

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
imafishingnutt said:
Leon said:
I would like to find at least one gold coin. ( preferably, the one with the Indian Head on it ) and also at lest one silver dollar, (any kind )... Of-course, they're probably just like potato chips, and I'll want another one right after the first.... ;D
good luck on that gold coin i bet 1 in 5000 hunters will find one

They're a lot more common than you would think out here on the West coast! :) One fella here in Eugene found two within a couple months of each other. Of course he is a total detecting freak....right OC? ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions