It was a very hot day for Bus problems
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dirtlooter

Thread: It was a very hot day for Bus problems

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    12269 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

It was a very hot day for Bus problems

We were headed south this afternoon when we passed a Jefferson Lines Passenger Bus broke down beside the road. The bus was off the road in a wide paved area that many truckers stop at. There were the big reflective triangles set out before it and we could see a number of people trying to get out of the hot sun. The first really main thing that I focused on was the driver, standing against the end of the bus as he waited for help to come.

The look on his face said it all, he was hot, the passengers were obviously upset for many reasons and he wanted relief right now! I couldn't help but think of the bus driver and the bus full of Lucy impersonators that had broke down on the movie "Rat Race." This bus was only half of a mile south of town with a lot of traffic on the highway and a business just a hundred yards or so from them. Two hours later, we came back thru and all were gone, so something good or better happened.

The heat index was close to 110 today, the humidity was of course high and miserable. We are 90 miles from anywhere and a lot farther from bigger cities so their wait could have been 2-4 hours. We have troopers and deputies going up and down this section all the time so no one would get too hot. You just never think about those buses breaking down but they do.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    23287 times
    Metal Detecting
    I detected 3 hrs today and just woke up.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    26920 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    The heat can really put a damper on metal detecting! I have seen many cars on the side of the road these past two weeks!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links