Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We were headed south this afternoon when we passed a Jefferson Lines Passenger Bus broke down beside the road. The bus was off the road in a wide paved area that many truckers stop at. There were the big reflective triangles set out before it and we could see a number of people trying to get out of the hot sun. The first really main thing that I focused on was the driver, standing against the end of the bus as he waited for help to come.

The look on his face said it all, he was hot, the passengers were obviously upset for many reasons and he wanted relief right now! I couldn't help but think of the bus driver and the bus full of Lucy impersonators that had broke down on the movie "Rat Race." This bus was only half of a mile south of town with a lot of traffic on the highway and a business just a hundred yards or so from them. Two hours later, we came back thru and all were gone, so something good or better happened.

The heat index was close to 110 today, the humidity was of course high and miserable. We are 90 miles from anywhere and a lot farther from bigger cities so their wait could have been 2-4 hours. We have troopers and deputies going up and down this section all the time so no one would get too hot. You just never think about those buses breaking down but they do.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The heat can really put a damper on metal detecting! I have seen many cars on the side of the road these past two weeks! :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread