Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say, is I really like my 800. It's a great detector, lightweight, and has the cordless headphones which I like. No more getting strangled ! I haven't even used custom settings on mine. I'm still using factory presets and I make some great finds.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
frequencies.jpg

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
After using the 600 for a bit over a year now, I feel somewhat qualified to have an opinion on this.

I upgraded from a 1995? White's Eagle Spectrum, for a few specific reasons. Generally "new tech", Li-ion rechargable battery, waterproof, and wireless headphones. If not for those reasons, I was happy with the White's.

Yes, it has more usable individual frequencies, and gokd mode, but that is no interest to me. I hunt ghost towns, homesteads, and cellar holes.

At the time I made my choice, the differences between the two didn't really matter much. Since then, having the one instruction book that covers both models, and specifically learning the differences, I would choose the 800......Here's why.

The additional audio hardware. I rarely use headphones, but the 800 comes with a set of wireless. Also comes with a wireless module I could use any wired ones with. That pretty much covers most of the monetary difference.

The backlight.....The 600 has one brightness setting. I dont really care, but occasionally I would turn it down if i could.

Target tones......again, I don't really care too much, but If I could, I would make 3 tones, ferrous, non ferrous good, and nonferrous bad. The 600 won't do that

Thats it.....thats all the reasons I have. There may be ofther differences, but I don't even care enough to know what they are.

I have no regrets after getting the 600, and I won't be getting the 800, but If I were to buy again, I would get the 800.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My hunting partner bought the 800 and it is a deep deep machine. He found two native american trash pits over 18"s down. My other buddies DFX didn't get a signal and my XP Deus in the deep program barely picked up a signal. We dug one of the pits out and found several relics. But, it was so hot that we decided to let the other one alone until cold weather. We are the only ones allowed on this site so no worries about someone else finding it. If I could swing the 800 I would get it but a bad back was the major reason I went with the Deus.

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
When I got home from work, I took a minute and flipped thru the manual. I found a few other things that I might use if I had an 800......but still don't care enough to upgrade.

Spend the extra 200 bucks now, and don't WISH you had the ability to tweak something later. Buy once, Cry once.

And download the user manual. Read it. It's a quick simple read really, and there's quite a bit you can skip over until you actually have one. Each section explains the various settings very well, and shows the setting differences between the two models.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently switched over to a Nox 800. I also have a CTX, but haven’t picked it up since I’ve gotten the Nox. Look at the pics under My profile. I haven’t had it for a full month yet. Personally I’d choose the 800 for the added control of the tone and volume and iron features, plus the wireless headphones. Check the pics in My profile under Nox:) Happy Hunting!!!

OP
OP
sheiswe

sheiswe

Oct 5, 2015
CT
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV,ace 250, garret AT PRO. Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
officially upgraded to drum roll*
The nox 800! w small coil also

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will like it. The 6" coil is a must for really trashy areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread