Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We were standing and waiting at Wally World as an older woman went thru the process of a phone exchange etc. It was taking a while and this was our second time there this morning and she knew it. She was apologizing once again about the time that it was taking when I told her those words. She stopped, looked at me and then gave me a big hug as the tears swelled. She thanked me for saying that and then explained that she had fought cancer and just lost her husband months earlier. Then she said that she hears all of this whining from people with no real problems. I explained that having survived a ruptured brain aneurysm, a bunch of strokes and much more, this was nothing. She totally relaxed and went about her work with a smile.

Yeah, it cost me some of my time, big deal, it could always be worse. This world is stressful enough without me making it worse for someone else. Now I have a better phone with a lot better reception (in these mountains) and a more reliable one too. Now I can check on my ribs smoking in the smoker with peace of mind LOL. Life is what we make it, for ourselves and for others. Then stopped at the local thrift shop and got a new protective Otterbox case for it for 50 cents! Oh Yeah!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Going! :thumbsup: Too many people need to STOP and smell the roses, (So to say) and appreciating the opportunities and things that we have.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

May God Bless!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goldarnit Dirtlooter, you are such a great guy, and I remember what a perfect wife you have, too. You are just really good , considerate, perfect people. Thank you for presenting yourself as a fine example of a person. What a great guy. Thank you so much.

We should have a separate forum, of really great things we can say about ourselves, and what really great people we are, and the really great kindnesses we bestow upon other people, blessing them with our really great blessedness.

Then all of the random kindnesses the rest of us do everyday, but go unmentioned, could be elevated to greatness, as are yours. Thank you again, so much. Wow.

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtlooter - What a great world this would be if we had more people like you.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice DL. I use that same line all the time, and just used it yesterday at McDonalds. I had a taste for one of their Slush Drinks, so my wife and I stopped at one on our way home. The man at the first window had already taken my money and we moved to the second drive up window. The young lady informed me and kept apologizing that they were in the process of cleaning the machine and could not make slush drinks. I told her, that if that was the worst thing that happened to me today, it was going to be a good day. She then offered me any type of drink that I wanted, so out of the window not only came my Large Strawberry shake, but she had also thrown in 2 Quarter Pounders with Cheese ! She thanked my for being so understanding and not complaining like the majority of people do. It was a great day !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread