Do You Dream About Detecting or Finding Treasure?

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I detected in the 80's and have started again for about the last 2 yrs. I haven't had a single dream about detecting. I don't dream much anyway, and most are deer hunting (I never get a deer) or arrowhead hunting. (I pick up point after point) Tell me about your treasure hunting dreams. Gary

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter had a dream/nightmare a couple of weeks ago, her words where, she was metal detecting and finding a bunch of cool coins and then noticed a guy throwing the coins on the ground and laughing so she got mad and left....she is 12 and we both got a kick out it..

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont seem to dream about any of my hobbies, (treasure hunting, deer hunting, morel picking, looking for arrowheads). Most of mine seem to pertain to daily activities. Wish I had a Channel Changing Knob on my forehead ! I'd love to tune into something interesting for a change.

CorgiDoom1881

Feb 13, 2019
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I started out I watched lots of YouTube videos of people finding old coins when I wasn't finding much. I sometimes dreamed about finding old silver coins and would wake up feeling excited still, but would feel dissapointed when I realized it was a dream.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't necessarily dream about finding stuff, but I dream about living in the time period that I love relic hunting today - the Civil War. I've been shot, blown up, wounded, and operated on by docs of that time period. All of them are vivid. Weird, yes. I wish I could go back.

slide95

Mar 11, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dream about MD all the time! Does that mean I have a problem? Guess I better ask my shrink...

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

Last edited:

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dream about MD and other hobbies, but when I check my finds in the morning nothing more was added. Oh well...keep dreaming right?

OP
OP
ToddsPoint

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't necessarily dream about finding stuff, but I dream about living in the time period that I love relic hunting today - the Civil War. I've been shot, blown up, wounded, and operated on by docs of that time period. All of them are vivid. Weird, yes. I wish I could go back.

I think that would almost qualify as a nightmare instead of a dream. Are you a yankee or reb in your dreams? Gary

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dream about MD and other hobbies, but when I check my finds in the morning nothing more was added. Oh well...keep dreaming right?

I know what you dream about......big fat yellowfin tunas.....I do too !!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, Since I already Made the Mistake of revealing my Secret :(

I Used to :(

I Used to dream of Finding a group of coins beside my House.

when I had that dream, I would hurry to the store the next day & Buy a Lottery ticket.

Without Fail, I used to win a Decent amount that Day. Nothing Earth Shaking of Course,
But $40.. to $600.00 Range.

If I Dremt I Found a Group of coins in a Particular Culvert in Tower City, I went to Tower City to Buy my Ticket.
If I Dremt Found a Group of coins in a different town culvert I went to that area for my Ticket.

Same Results A winning Lottery Ticket .

Since I told someone :( the Dreams have almost Stopped & Even when I have them,
They no Long Work. :(

Sadly all My repetitive dreams stop, If I tell someone :(
even the Nightmares I Used to Enjoy so Much thinking Back on.

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
As a kid I would have a dream about seeing a string sticking up out of the dirt. I would pull on the string and out popped silver dimes, silver quarters and wheat pennies.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Alright, I take it back. The other night, I dreamt I was in a massive South Carolina farm field, in a confederate camp. I was metal detecting with this hot redhead, and we were finding Enfields, Gardners, Ringtails, Lined I buttons, Virginia buttons, SC plates, it was awesome. I found big arrowheads, and afterwards we did some...never mind. It was freakin' awesome! To bad my cat woke me up. :/

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't recall ever dreaming about metal detecting, but I've dreamed about finding either bottles or arrowheads. Must be hereditary because my son tells me he does the same thing. Great dreams but it sure stinks when I wake up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread