CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always used White's machines and have found hundreds of coins and relics with them. I was active in the 1980's, so you can image the technology of today was not available. The key is to buy a decent machine and learn to use it. If it has ground balancing and discrimination, I think that is all you need to get started. You have to learn the machine. Be where old coins could be, and dig the signals. You will find them.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my first XLT in 1995 and still can run with the big boys with the new ones of today - my GF recently bought
a 2nd one for me on ebay real cheap and like new. I have a friend that has been using one for over 25 yrs and still kills it
AT pro is good too

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I owned one 12 years ago. Good machine but at 4 plus pounds, heavy for some (me) to swing. The scrolling to change settings is sort of awkward but it had great depth. If prices are about the same I would go with the AT Pro. Whatever you buy used, check the coil, make sure the tabs are solid and the bottom is free from deep scratches and of course turn it on and try it on some coins or other targets.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Either of those machines are good, for easy of use the AT Pro is better. Good Luck on your new machine selection.:icon_thumleft:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One other point in the AT’s favor over the XLT is that it is water proof. It would give you the versatility to hunt a creek or lake while the XLT would not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread