Plat Maps

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can usually view them at the county or local courthouse. Interesting places to look because you dont know what you will find. Folks that work there might also help you with info that they know.. You can view photos and can copy anything that is of interest to you.. These places are goldmines... Old picnic areas swimming holes rodeo grounds just to name a few places that can be found....

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also helpful are old Sanborn fire insurance maps found online if your area had such coverage. Then too there is a site online called historicaeriels.com ......very cool site using the slide feature.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to the courthouse and got the plat maps for my township. Both 1875 and 1895. I found houses that were there in '75 but gone by '95. Those are the ones I'm concentrating on now. I've lived here a long time and know everyone so permission is never a problem. Fall is coming. Whoopee! Gary

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.......................... Then too there is a site online called historicaeriels.com ......very cool site using the slide feature.
Neat site with interesting images showing changes in the area I searched.
(Don't give up because it took a couple of tries to get it to load)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread