chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bizzarely enough I didnt realise Peter Fonda died a few days before I posted....??

chub

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hippies simply wanted to live (free) without working, some would work for their goal while most sat around (same as any group)
for many, anti-establishment included not washing but the real rot was in their heads
I am from SF and the results can be seen today in The City

so sad

I watched a you tube documentary on the current state of San francisco. I must say I was a little taken aback. Public defecation , used syringes , homeless crisis. Such a shame.

chub

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many baby boomers have great memories of their hippie days. Others have herpes and Hepatitus C.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
There’s this new thing called TV, or television. They play his movies.

yea, I unna stan; some live vicariously at home and others prefer first-hand real-time experiences
why on earth would I be interested in script writers and/or actors parroting someone else's words ?
I've been shot at and missed, and a tad more; treadmills are for hamsters

sorry, movies are make believe (now Citizen Kane I do like, ok)
now UFC ? (internet betting channel in UK) I'm on board

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I watched a you tube documentary on the current state of San francisco. I must say I was a little taken aback. Public defecation , used syringes , homeless crisis. Such a shame.

chub

You can make a documentary of almost any city and make it look like crap. Especially if that's what you choose to highlight.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
You can make a documentary of almost any city and make it look like crap. Especially if that's what you choose to highlight.

you have missed the point
it is not that all places are poop (the permitted word for s ), it is the CHANGE to poop in places that were nice
when I went to The City as a child, I wore a suit (my world, eh)

you may simply be too young to have a perspective

and you are incorrect as well, been to Switzerland lately? (any poop is in your head)
many places are still clean

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have missed the point
it is not that all places are poop (the permitted word for s ), it is the CHANGE to poop in places that were nice
when I went to The City as a child, I wore a suit (my world, eh)

you may simply be too young to have a perspective

and you are incorrect as well, been to Switzerland lately? (any poop is in your head)
many places are still clean

I was in Switzerland last year, lake lugano. It was really clean and very pretty. I was there for work. I flew into Milan malpensa..... the Italian side of the border was a lot different than the swiss side !! :laughing7: Ironically the lake itself is said to be highly polluted....

Chub

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the hippie definition of lifestyle was just too broad as perceived by the general public . As in drug addict / alternative living / someone with long hair/ bum/ draft dodger etc. all seemed to be loosley defined as hippies.

chub

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and some a PhD (post #16), not sure hippies as a group are so different than say Christians ?

waiting for this post to be taken down:laughing7: The *church that my mother was part of made Hippies look like saints. It was before my time but I think Id prefer hippies to TV evangalists :laughing7:

Were the hippies the forefathers of the extreme left as we know it today?

chub

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waiting for this post to be taken down:laughing7: The *church that my mother was part of made Hippies look like saints. It was before my time but I think Id prefer hippies to TV evangalists :laughing7:

Were the hippies the forefathers of the extreme left as we know it today?

chub

It is my belief that the Hippies of the '60s are more in the middle of today's political range.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread