chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The underlying theme of the thread is freedom. In another strange twist when googling Grizzly Adams I see Dan Haggerty supervised the building of the Rigid panhead Harleys used in Easyrider ???Collective consciousness?

I think anytime when one is allowed to exist in peace and experience contemplation and introspection and witness stillness of the mind - those are better times.

The word Carefree comes to mind, often associated with youth and naivety .

cub

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
As soon as everyone agrees on what is the right thing. Which will never happen.
People do not want their feelings hurt, and they want to punish those who do with the force of law.
Oh well, it is a mess and I am still thinking about the other comments.

Actually there are lots of thing people already agree on that in the past they were sharply divided on. A lot of it in in the past 50 years. No-one argues for or against slavery or the right for women to vote. People were very sharply divided on those issues at the time. Yet today people are in agreement that slavery is wrong, that women have a right to vote. Remember both sides of the argument believed themselves to be right. Today they argue about free education, migration and medical care for all to name a few. . In another 30 years or so I believe most people will be in agreement on those things. They will have other issues to divide them like the effects on society of robotics and artificial intelligence. Believe it or not!

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
ignorant beyond description

female suffrage is a climax/post-climax cultural manifestation (Spengler)
slavery is an economic issue, ascendent cultures as I recall
nothing new here (words are used to obfuscate)

cycles guy, cycles (and perspective obviously)

edit: do not believe that because your group sings in unison there are no other voices, get out more

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
BillA,,,,,, Try rereading the post. You might get the point that was being made. Your post shows you totally misses it. Oh well/. Not surprised.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
no, I understand, not in the slightest do I agree

A) people (quite generally) are 'progressing' or evolving from 'poor' practices to something a bit different, or 'better'

or

B) human society exhibits characteristics which change over time in repeating cycles

A will progress to heaven, B's name is Sisyphus, he is us

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread