Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude thats the tude!!!!

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
hippies simply wanted to live (free) without working, some would work for their goal while most sat around (same as any group)
for many, anti-establishment included not washing but the real rot was in their heads
I am from SF and the results can be seen today in The City

so sad

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Those hippies were totally anti war. I wasn't brought up to live in a world like that!

Last edited:

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
I suggest you move to Mars, make it as YOU wish
the hippies need to "go back to Russia"? - you are deluded, they were "New Age" products of the US

the first of many generations raised by parents without limits

edit: Escape - I am 3ed generation SF and your entire post deserves a paragraph for each ignorant statement.
6 paragraphs are not worth my effort. And you would still know merely that you were incorrect.
Talk about your town perhaps.

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Say What!!
I was a longhair and my wife and I worked our asses off to buy our first home and send all of our children through college.
All of my children are successful and have great jobs and are quite productive.
I believe in this country and practice my 2nd amendment rights. I’m very patriotic and say my prayers everyday.
We never lived in San Francisco so maybe the Southern hippies were more together and driven than those in the North.
Don’t lump people into one paradigm because, we are all different!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I suggest you move to Mars, make it as YOU wish
the hippies need to "go back to Russia"? - you are deluded, they were "New Age" products of the US

the first of many generations raised by parents without limits

Right On Brother!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
The hippies also wanted a world full of peace and love. I know the preacher talks about it. No I'm wrong. He talks about other stuff. Which proves we are not put on earth to get along. Just the opposite. There is no cord like a discord.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The hippies also wanted a world full of peace and love. I know the preacher talks about it. No I'm wrong. He talks about other stuff. Which proves we are not put on earth to get along. Just the opposite. There is no cord like a discord.

Not in music...

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
[FONT=&quot]Q: How can you tell a hippie has been at your house?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A: He's still there.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Q: What did he say when you told him to leave?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A: Namaste.[/FONT]

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
[FONT=&quot]Q: What did the Deadhead say when he ran out of weed?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A: Man, this music sucks![/FONT]

I thought that was funny.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
RG, an aside
My younger brother went to the Sorbonne in Paris, came back and went to Bard College; took LSD 4-5 times and lost it, attention span 30 sec, etc. In NY slept under the highway divider to avoid mosquitos, lived in the back of a pie delivery truck - did the hippie thing for 6 years. Went to Bezerkley and eventually a PhD
and a deadly dull life thereafter. Not sure of the moral (never stop trying ? but trying at what ?)

Escape - you cleaned up your post, and the foolishness persists.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
[FONT=&quot]So this guy got his dog really high. He tells the dog "Play dead." And the dog says, "Nah man, play Floyd!"[/FONT]

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Bill A.."Escape - you cleaned up your post, and the foolishness persists."
Didn't cleanup the post. it was taken down. Foolishness? Oh yeah. had big bowl of foolishness this morning.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
RG, an aside
My younger brother went to the Sorbonne in Paris, came back and went to Bard College; took LSD 4-5 times and lost it, attention span 30 sec, etc. In NY slept under the highway divider to avoid mosquitos, lived in the back of a pie delivery truck - did the hippie thing for 6 years. Went to Bezerkley and eventually a PhD
and a deadly dull life thereafter. Not sure of the moral (never stop trying ? but trying at what ?)

Escape - you cleaned up your post, and the foolishness persists.
Yes, in those times I saw that myself with some people. My wife and I didn’t do drugs as we were interested in having children and providing them a home and an education. Fortunately that all worked out for us.
I hope your brother has healed and is doing well today. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions