Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was once again reminded about how awful food poisoning can be. Between the weekend and Monday, we ate at several places. Last evening, the ole gut began burning so I went to bed around 7. By 8, I was in full blown pain. You know, the kind that feels like your stomach was being cut with a cutting torch. I could not get comfortable for nothing and ended up sitting on the throne most of the night holding buckets.

Was at the VA clinic at 8am this morning before going to the local emergency room. (our local hospital is nothing more than a band aid station.) Anyways, by 11 I knew that I would survive and was released. Still very sore but at least I can sleep now. No idea for sure where I got it but food poisoning can really get your attention fast. I would rather be whipped than to throw up but with this, I quickly was wanting to. Food poisoning makes me nervous, 24 years ago, I was going through dry heaves from some mishandled chicken at a friend's cookout when I had my ruptured brain aneurysm. So they asked me what my pain level was from 0-10 and I told them 38!

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Food poisoning can be miserable at the least and dangerous at the most. Hope you're feeling okay. If you can stand it, drink as much water as you can.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had days of suffering with salmonella - three days of not being able to even hold down water.

THE ADMIRAL (my wife) actually got the full blown C. botulinum food poisoning ( at a now out of business restaurant we suspect) and was sick as a dog for six months.

Since then she's never ordered her hamburgers "so rare they still moo" like she used to.

Last edited:

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got food poisoning once so bad that I had to go to the hospital. I got dangerously dehydrated from both end evacuation sickness. I started hyperventilating and rocking and hitting my head against the wall. My legs went straight out but I was sitting in a chair and my arms and hands were all contorted. I was in the waiting room for 3 hours. My brother showed up to see me in this state and went to them and was like "gee do you think you guys could look at my brother?" Then they fixed me. I swear I could have died in the waiting room if my brother hadn't walked in!

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year my fiance' got some of McDonalds tainted lettuce in a salad. Those were a bad couple of days.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, still alive but still feel pretty lousy. haven't eaten anything at all in two days and don't plan to right now. The intense pain is gone but still feel like I just got stomped into the ground by the neighbors bull. Been drinking a little water here and there but mostly lying in bed all the time. I told my wife that this was my new weight loss program, you can literally see the pounds dropping before your very eyes....out your mouth and out your butt.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you get to feeling better soon. There ain't no fun in what you're going through.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least the toilet pipes got cleaned lol glad your feeling better if we didn't have the health dept checking places it would happen a lot more

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember the tainted cilantro and the salmonella outbreak from Chipotle's Grill? They sourced the cilantro from Mexico. Turns out the field hands were using the field as an open toilet.
I rarely eat in Mexican restaurants anymore.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
download (2).jpg I saw two of the girls from the Chinese restaurant digging in the food lion dumpster.

they had two banana boxes full of veggies on the ground and were filling a third.

A buffet in the Richmond area was caught putting previously served food through the dishwasher, adding new sauce and then putting it back on the buffet .

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am of the opinion that food buffets are the lowest on my food options. I have seen too many kids coughing on and handling the food that sits out for hours.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1747571 I saw two of the girls from the Chinese restaurant digging in the food lion dumpster.

they had two banana boxes full of veggies on the ground and were filling a third.

A buffet in the Richmond area was caught putting previously served food through the dishwasher, adding new sauce and then putting it back on the buffet .

Never, EVER eat at an Asian restaurant. My buddy rented a building out to 3 of them over the years and when they left he found rat bones in the grease cooker along with roaches and slime. They will reuse food that comes back and re-serve it. They will let food sit on the counter for days. When one of the places opened he had a feral cat problem. A month later no cats... He also found dog collars in the back room. I'm a chef and when preparing chicken or pork I make sure I wash everything down twice. A busy restaurant won't and that's how you get sick. A burger, chicken have to be at least 160* to be safe. There is no medium burger that hits that heat. Pork has to be 175* to be safe. If left over food isn't refrigerated to 36* it will spoil. After cooking for so many years I'm afraid to go out and eat....

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I disagree. I have a favorite Thai and favorite Chinese restaurant locally. Neither are part of any chain. The woman/wife at the Thai restaurant is a hoot and we have a great time picking on each other.

One of my former employees was from a Vietnamese family and his folks had a HECK of a good restaurant. He used to bring in trays of spring rolls for office parties and they were fantastic.

If you saw the kitchen THE ADMIRAL keeps you wouldn't be afraid to venture out, either. ;-)

One the other hand, I've been in a few Kentucky Fried Chicken outlets that had me giving the hairy eyeball at just how many of the secret herbs and spices made it into the kitchen under their own power.

slide95

Mar 11, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it depends upon the type of bacteria in question. I’ve developed food poisoning before in a just a couple hours but on the other hand (just a few weeks ago) developed it closer to 12 hours later.

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.l.l

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread