kevin3

Greenie
Aug 28, 2019
Bridgeton Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted couple hours had discrimination blacked out quit a bit and sensitivity around 20 but couldn't get it to lock on signals very good at all. Very frustrating. Big difference from my old explorer II hunted with 10 years ago. Miss those high flutty tones. I must have the settings all screwed up.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it have presets? I am not familiar with that model. If it does, try one of those first.

PullTabSlayer

Jan 31, 2017
Troy Missouri
Detector(s) used
That one I grab for the day.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant help with that detector but I also struggle when I change, it takes some time to work it out. Starting you may not want to discriminate as much out and dig everything.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it have presets? I am not familiar with that model. If it does, try one of those first.
No preset programs on this model Smokey, although they do give recommendations in the directions, where to set it to start with. It is one of the more difficult detectors to learn. It took me about a year to become proficient with mine. Once you do learn it though, it is a great deep seeking detector, and I used mine regularly for about 9 years. Good luck to you Kevin3. You just have to put the time in, in the field to learn the detector. You do have a great one there.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I run my Explorer SE wide open (as high as conditions limit) with no discrimination and check to graphic screen (after tone) for "target" type. Like his brother the Explorer II (I still use one) it's a tone machine. Once you understand the language which takes time your finds will increase exponentially. Good Luck

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Takes time if you like lots of controls it takes time to learn. Good luck you'll master it soon enough

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need a machine made for dummies like me. Turn on and go!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread