FRUSTRATED!!!!!

unclesam

Apr 1, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a 30 year metal detector.And have recently purchased the Equnoix 800 to increase my depth over my Whyte MXT.I hunt historic Indian artifacts as well as prehistoric copper Indian relics.I have tried various programs that some of the well known hunters use with less than good results.I just returned from a 4 day hunt (2 days on the road 2 days hunting) and found almost nothing while I watched my partner digging a signal almost every 30 seconds with his Fisher F75 with a 15" coil.I did not dig even one of the deep prehistoric copper signals while he dug about 10!We hunted about 20 feet apart & I probably went about an hour without a signal,& NOTHING deep! I'm so frustrated with the Equnoix I'm ready to sell it! I don't think it's the detector because I sent the first one back..........HELP !!!!!!!!!!:BangHead:

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have friends that have same machine - was told they make finds in areas that they missed with their old machines
but was told it is not known for its extended depth - I go deeper than they all can with my machine in all metal

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What settings are you running ??

Make a test garden with the type of things your looking for and bury to the depth you expect to find your targets, adjust the settings to your liking...

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd first do what Toecutter stated. Use one of the factory settings. The machine should compete with the other two machines you mentioned. No machine is a magic wand. Go sssllloooww also. I have seen folks simply run right over good stuff and I've gone behind them and found goodies.

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best advice has been given. Slow down. Make good sweeps. Go back over the area from another angle. I've surprised myself lots of times going back over the same ol same ol area from a different direction. I find stuff I've missed before all the time.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure your head phones are paired correctly

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We live in a fast paced world, but this is a slow paced hobby. Like others have already said, slow down with your swing and see what happens. Make a test garden in your own yard and see what happens. That is why I will hunt a yard at least 2 times before I write it off. Go at it from different directions. I sometimes think to myself, "how did I miss that" ? It happens.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the nox my at goes deeper in all metal wide open with the ground mineralization even if you do auto GB you might need to tweak it a little make sure volume is up

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A2coins, if I tried all metal at my Civil War spot, I'd go nuts. You can have 10 items in a 6" x 9" spot.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Suggestion..

Attachments

• IMG_1861.jpg
    IMG_1861.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 37

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions: