Up date, Not Food poisoning after, 9mm attack...again!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last evening began to go down like the Monday evening and I was once again dying with an intense burning in my stomach. Went back to our small hospital emergency room to see what they might could do. After the customary over an hour wait, the process began. Finally a CT scan then the news that I had a kidney stone bigger than 9mm and that I would be transported to a bigger hospital about a 100 miles away.

After a super rough ambulance ride (1 3/4 hours), I got some really awesome help. The doctors told me that this was bigger than normal but they couldn't Sonic blast it because I was taking asprin. They weren't even sure if they could reach it but would scope it to find out for sure what their options were.

Super good professionals that were very efficient and proficient. Was awaken to no pain and basically no stone. Was back home by 3:30, no pain at all. I do have a stint inside me until Friday week for any remaining pieces to come out in. So, am wearing a Depends with added large pad for week, a lot more doable than the intense pain. The urologist told me that a stone that big would make my entire stomach feel like food poisoning along with the throwing up etc. He said that it was on the verge of causing even more serious problems. Did I say that there was no pain at all? Verrry verrry happy man, will finally get some stomach pain free sleep tonight!

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been shot 3 times, knifed once and burned. I'd rather have all that then the 3 kidney stones I had... Know the pain.....

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear dirtlooter!

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to know you are on the mend! See you in the field.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got rid of it. Have had stones for years, got six right now. Like walking around with a time bomb. In the future, if you ever get another attack, get in a bath tub of hot water. This will help a smaller stone (not one your size) pass through the Ureter to the bladder. This hs worked for me three times. The pain comes when the stone is in the Ureter. Hope you never have another attack.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been shot 3 times, knifed once and burned. I'd rather have all that then the 3 kidney stones I had... Know the pain.....

That's rough. I guess not all at the same time?

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear that you got the discomfort under control. :icon_thumleft:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you are up and well with no pain. :icon_thumleft:

dokc

Oct 24, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check you water - if you are on a well. It may have too much calcium.

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know why they are called stones, they're more like cockleburrs... glad yours are over for now.
That depends on the type of stone. Calcium stones are smooth. I forget which are the sharp ones.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The er has people waiting to get treated for dinasour bites Men deliver kidney stones that's much better than a baby lol glad your better

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions