Is it awesome finding your first piece of jewelry ?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's always sweet digging gold or silver no matter what form it comes in.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is...I've only ever land hunted, mostly old homes, and have only found one piece of good jewelry - a gold wedding band. It was fairly shallow, at the base of a tree, and had a date in it that made it generations older than the homeowners. See, I still remember!

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its awesome rather its your 1st 5th or 100th. Digging gold or silver jewelry never gets old.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Aren't all firsts awesome?
(Granted a first thousandth pull tab may not be....)

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first is what got me hooked on detecting.

My dad and his friend were hanging out and we had just looked at this guys amazing collection of finds. He showed us his metal detector and was like "I've found all this stuff but my wife lost her engagement ring in the garden years ago and I've never been able to find it." So of course me and my brother have to try it out. "He was like sure kids just quit botherin me and your dad." I don't think we even had a shovel, we were digging with a stick and the signal disappears, lo and behold the ring was around the stick we were using to dig with. he couldn't believe it. Now that I look back on it I should have charged a finders fee....

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Digging jewelry is always fun and never gets old. Finding gold rings and necklaces can be quite valuable. Good Luck on your hunts! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Firsts are always great it seems like a first every time zi find gold or silver just as happy

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember the first time I found a gold ring. The woman who lost it approached me while I was detecting. She lost it at the volleyball sand pit.
It took me 5 minutes to find it.
It made her grateful and made me realize how productive sand locations are for treasure!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, finding anything gold is always a thrill and silver is fine too. But 95% of all rings I have found have been costume jewelry or kids rings and those can almost make one cry. Most silver rings are only worth a few bucks used, I'd rather dig a nice silver coin or a large cent than a silver ring, ditto on silver chains.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's awesome to dig your first "anything" ! I can still remember my first piece of jewelry, my first silver coin, and my first token.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone of them is awesome like most others have said - my first gold i gave to my mother - she wore it for yrs - that was in 1976
this is one years worth (2012)
attachment.php

AND some are little more exciting than others
attachment.php

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread