Got turned down today

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
matthew I suspect like the others have mentioned the gentleman may have already had folks tresspassing on his property and have left him with a bad taste. It happens over here in Martin County. I know one of my old coworkers husbands had to call the law because a couple of "relic hunters" were night hawking. Like the old expression says it only takes a couple of bad apples to spoil it for everyone else. good luck on your next site
hh
dave+bobbie

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well went back yesterday and talked to him again and told him that I didnt have any hard feeling against him and that it is his property and that I understood, but did try to pop the question again but this time kinda in a statment, then he told me why :) See owns a horse farm called Askaban Horse Farm and trails so he has about 400 acres and he said he has had several people in the past ask him to MD on his land and he has turned them down as well, he said that he used to do the cw reinactments and that he was a big cw buff, then he went into thislong hour speech about the CW and his land and were they set up camp and fought and blah blah blah, it was instresting but the more he talked the more I wanted to hit that spot with the MD he said that him and a buddy wanted to do it first b/c from plowing fields he had found several items. He said it was nothing against me he just didnt want anyone to steal anything or take something that has belonged to his family for a 100 years, just thought I wouldlet yall know ;)

Matt
HH

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
400 acres - ok so he's another Smagel! He'll never detect all that in a 100 years. Well least now ya know now. Just put it in your files - he won't own property forever - nobody ever does... ;)

wannabeafinder

Apr 5, 2007
kentucky
Detector(s) used
white xlt
ask him if he would like to work side by side and bring two detectors and he keeps it all--the fun is the finding--I did that at a CW camp site once and it was fun

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
so he's gonna MD all 400 acres before he dies using the worlds biggest search coil swung by the jolly green giant. geez...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
his land = his stuff = his rights -- till he croaks that is --then jr gets it -- you said jr is "your" freind ;D -- hell just out last the old skin flint -- tick tock goes the clock -- for all of us --- Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread