fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Native Americans used metal as well as stone and clay. Most metal objects were trade items that came from other countries. We find a lot of stuff at a local site that was made from copper kettles that the natives would cut up. Good luck.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus always keep your eyes open and you might also find places to hand dig like if you find pottery pieces. Good luck. Tommy

Nevada Prospector

Aug 16, 2017
Southern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher GB II, Etc, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found lead and miscellaneous metal pieces. Once found a broken file amongst stone bowls and arrow heads. My brother found the brass tip to an ink pen. This was inside of a tee pee ring. Did some Indian know how to write or was some white man visiting the camp? We will probably never know but it peaks our interest.
One day at a local park a gal asked me "what was the most interesting thing that you have found". I told her a stone Indian bowl and some arrowheads. She asked me how do you get your detector to find things like that? I told her it's obvious that you don't but when you have your eyes to the ground you see things that you would normally miss. I hope that this gives you an idea of how it works out in the real world. --Jim

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be very careful! You may collect, sell, or keep any artifacts found on PRIVATE lands but do so with artifacts found on public lands and you face SEVERE state and federal penalties. ╦╦C

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread