Gold will be explosive, unlike anything weve seen...
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree23Likes
  • 2 Post By NinjaT
  • 2 Post By JohnWhite
  • 2 Post By alan m
  • 2 Post By Billieg
  • 2 Post By fistfulladirt
  • 1 Post By ColonelDan
  • 3 Post By smallfoot
  • 3 Post By fistfulladirt
  • 1 Post By A2coins
  • 2 Post By Billieg
  • 2 Post By A2coins
  • 1 Post By ColonelDan

Thread: Gold will be explosive, unlike anything weve seen...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jul 2019
    34 times
    Cache Hunting

Gold will be explosive, unlike anything weve seen...

"It is going to blow through 1900" ... Could it be?
    Last edited by NinjaT; Sep 04, 2019 at 09:22 PM.
    A2coins and Billieg like this.

Aug 2017
    593 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I thought that this post was going to be about gold in a certain form of black gold that is actually explosive...I am not exactly sure...But long ago I heard about someone at some college doing experiments with said form of gold...And yes it did explode...

Does anyone in here know about such a thing

Ed T
    alan m and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2011
    Gold canyon AZ
    1167 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWhite View Post
    I thought that this post was going to be about gold in a certain form of black gold that is actually explosive...I am not exactly sure...But long ago I heard about someone at some college doing experiments with said form of gold...And yes it did explode...

Does anyone in here know about such a thing

Ed T
    Yes, fulminating gold is explosive
    A2coins and JohnWhite like this.
    time for another drink

us
    Jul 2019
    Deltona Fl
    AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
    512 times
    In 2014 I started reading about silver/gold and how it was going to the moon. I looked at it as a safe haven so I bought some. Actually I bought a lot as the price went down to even out my average. At this point my gold is up $360 an ounce and my silver down $8 an ounce. Too bad I bought 2000 oz of silver and only 64 oz of gold. I believe both will do well this year and as soon as silver gets anywhere close to $24 oz I'll sell half of it. It looks like the central banks have lost control of the price... I stopped listening to the "Experts". If you notice that interview was promoted by Kitco a company that sells gold/silver.....
    Last edited by Billieg; Sep 04, 2019 at 10:39 PM.
    A2coins and alan m like this.
    Looking for a hunting buddy in or around Deltona Fl.

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2676 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Every year since 2012...To da Moooooonnnn!
    Billieg and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Colonel

Jan 2014
    Central Florida
    CTX 3030; EQX 800; Excal II
    801 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I always wondered, if these companies really believed their own predictions that gold is about to skyrocket, why they're not telling people to sell them their gold and silver. Then again, if one compares the S&P 500 from 1974 through today, stocks have out done gold in terms of total return. Another thing I always thought about is what truly determines the price of gold? It's simply what you (the market) say you'll give me (the owner) for it. Gold in itself doesn't produce anything and doesn't pay dividends nor does it expand and grow like businesses and their stocks do.

Yes, I have some gold and silver but only that which I inherited from my grandfather but I think I'll stick with stocks and bonds....but as I always say, that's just the view from my personal foxhole. Your view of the battlefield may be different.
    A2coins likes this.
    ~The Challenge: Big Beach; Little Coil; Tiny Targets~

~"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"~ Leonardo da Vinci

~Pre-determined settings serve only to get you in the ballpark. Its up to you to pick the best seat~

us
    May 2019
    Flawda
    Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    1281 times
    The only gold coin I've ever found was a 1 oz. Canadian maple leaf some years ago. During a time when cash was short, I sold mine for 300...kicking myself time and time again...
    A2coins, Billieg and Chug And Red like this.

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2676 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelDan View Post
    I always wondered, if these companies really believed their own predictions that gold is about to skyrocket, why they're not telling people to sell them their gold and silver. Then again, if one compares the S&P 500 from 1974 through today, stocks have out done gold in terms of total return. Another thing I always thought about is what truly determines the price of gold? It's simply what you (the market) say you'll give me (the owner) for it. Gold in itself doesn't produce anything and doesn't pay dividends nor does it expand and grow like businesses and their stocks do.

Yes, I have some gold and silver but only that which I inherited from my grandfather but I think I'll stick with stocks and bonds....but as I always say, that's just the view from my personal foxhole. Your view of the battlefield may be different.
    Stocks have out-performed gold, and gold has out-performed stocks, it all depends in which time frame you’re looking at. Physical gold is not an investment, it’s insurance against a failing fiat currency. The stock market is rigged, we can’t possibly have a vibrant economy when national debt is $20+ trillions of dollars, not to mention the hundreds of trillions in unfunded liabilities.
    A2coins, BillA and Billieg like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    29737 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Great post I buy silver not a lot but hope in 20 years for my kids it will be a good investment even if it stays the same it will be a nice chunk for them. We will see no one knows we can only guess
    Billieg likes this.

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Jul 2019
    Deltona Fl
    AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
    512 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelDan View Post

What is $100 worth in 1913 over time?
    1913: $100
    1923: $57.89
    1933: $76.15
    1943: $57.23
    1953: $37.08
    1963: $32.35
    1973: $22.30
    1983: $9.94
    1993: $6.85
    2003: $5.38
    2013: $4.25
    2019: $3.87

So gold was $20 oz in 1913. Say you bought 5 oz with your $100. Today your gold would be worth $7,750 ($2,002 in purchasing power) and your $100 bill would be worth $3.87 in purchasing power. Ya, hang on to that cash....
    Last edited by Billieg; Sep 05, 2019 at 02:19 PM.
    A2coins and NinjaT like this.
    Looking for a hunting buddy in or around Deltona Fl.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    29737 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Take that...lol
    Chug And Red and Billieg like this.

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us
    Colonel

Jan 2014
    Central Florida
    CTX 3030; EQX 800; Excal II
    801 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
    What is $100 worth in 1913 over time?
    1913: $100
    1923: $57.89
    1933: $76.15
    1943: $57.23
    1953: $37.08
    1963: $32.35
    1973: $22.30
    1983: $9.94
    1993: $6.85
    2003: $5.38
    2013: $4.25
    2019: $3.87

So gold was $20 oz in 1913. Say you bought 5 oz with your $100. Today your gold would be worth $7,750 ($2,002 in purchasing power) and your $100 bill would be worth $3.87 in purchasing power. Ya, hang on to that cash....
    I agree. $100 bill over that period of time stuck in a drawer is a loser. In my post, I referenced stocks, not cash.
    Z.K. likes this.
    ~The Challenge: Big Beach; Little Coil; Tiny Targets~

~"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"~ Leonardo da Vinci

~Pre-determined settings serve only to get you in the ballpark. Its up to you to pick the best seat~

au
    Sep 2004
    Eaglehawk
    GPX
    1171 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
    In 2014 I started reading about silver/gold and how it was going to the moon. I looked at it as a safe haven so I bought some. Actually I bought a lot as the price went down to even out my average. At this point my gold is up $360 an ounce and my silver down $8 an ounce. Too bad I bought 2000 oz of silver and only 64 oz of gold. I believe both will do well this year and as soon as silver gets anywhere close to $24 oz I'll sell half of it. It looks like the central banks have lost control of the price... I stopped listening to the "Experts". If you notice that interview was promoted by Kitco a company that sells gold/silver.....
    Quote Originally Posted by fistfulladirt View Post
    Stocks have out-performed gold, and gold has out-performed stocks, it all depends in which time frame you’re looking at. Physical gold is not an investment, it’s insurance against a failing fiat currency. The stock market is rigged, we can’t possibly have a vibrant economy when national debt is $20+ trillions of dollars, not to mention the hundreds of trillions in unfunded liabilities.
    Hi Thats not so if you find your gold . Even only finding small pieces with a Metal detector is quite rewarding

us
    Jun 2015
    The Grants
    Etrac
    1425 times
    Metal Detecting
    To Col. Dan’s point: $100 invested in the s&p in 1913 and left there until today= 682477.01. Annualized return of 8.679.
    https://dqydj.com/sp-500-periodic-re...tor-dividends/
    I have but three things to teach: simplicity, patience, and compassion. These three are your greatest treasures. -Lao Tzu

Those who do not look upon themselves as a link connecting the past with the future, do not perform their duty to the world. - Daniel Webster

Fun Finds:
    2017 GW Button
    2016 Colonial Spanish silver pocket spill, Beauty Connie, Krampus
    2015 3 State Copper Day, Colonial coin purse with 12 half pennies

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links