Gold will be explosive, unlike anything we’ve seen...

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought that this post was going to be about gold in a certain form of black gold that is actually explosive...I am not exactly sure...But long ago I heard about someone at some college doing experiments with said form of gold...And yes it did explode...

Does anyone in here know about such a thing???

Ed T

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I thought that this post was going to be about gold in a certain form of black gold that is actually explosive...I am not exactly sure...But long ago I heard about someone at some college doing experiments with said form of gold...And yes it did explode...

Does anyone in here know about such a thing???

Ed T
Yes, fulminating gold is explosive

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 2014 I started reading about silver/gold and how it was going to the moon. I looked at it as a safe haven so I bought some. Actually I bought a lot as the price went down to even out my average. At this point my gold is up $360 an ounce and my silver down $8 an ounce. Too bad I bought 2000 oz of silver and only 64 oz of gold. I believe both will do well this year and as soon as silver gets anywhere close to $24 oz I'll sell half of it. It looks like the central banks have lost control of the price... I stopped listening to the "Experts". If you notice that interview was promoted by Kitco a company that sells gold/silver.....

Last edited:

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I always wondered, if these companies really believed their own predictions that gold is about to skyrocket, why they're not telling people to sell them their gold and silver. Then again, if one compares the S&P 500 from 1974 through today, stocks have out done gold in terms of total return. Another thing I always thought about is what truly determines the price of gold? It's simply what you (the market) say you'll give me (the owner) for it. Gold in itself doesn't produce anything and doesn't pay dividends nor does it expand and grow like businesses and their stocks do.

Yes, I have some gold and silver but only that which I inherited from my grandfather but I think I'll stick with stocks and bonds....but as I always say, that's just the view from my personal foxhole. Your view of the battlefield may be different. 8-)

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only gold coin I've ever found was a 1 oz. Canadian maple leaf some years ago. During a time when cash was short, I sold mine for 300...kicking myself time and time again...:laughing7:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I always wondered, if these companies really believed their own predictions that gold is about to skyrocket, why they're not telling people to sell them their gold and silver. Then again, if one compares the S&P 500 from 1974 through today, stocks have out done gold in terms of total return. Another thing I always thought about is what truly determines the price of gold? It's simply what you (the market) say you'll give me (the owner) for it. Gold in itself doesn't produce anything and doesn't pay dividends nor does it expand and grow like businesses and their stocks do.

Yes, I have some gold and silver but only that which I inherited from my grandfather but I think I'll stick with stocks and bonds....but as I always say, that's just the view from my personal foxhole. Your view of the battlefield may be different. 8-)
Stocks have out-performed gold, and gold has out-performed stocks, it all depends in which time frame you’re looking at. Physical gold is not an investment, it’s insurance against a failing fiat currency. The stock market is rigged, we can’t possibly have a vibrant economy when national debt is $20+ trillions of dollars, not to mention the hundreds of trillions in unfunded liabilities.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post I buy silver not a lot but hope in 20 years for my kids it will be a good investment even if it stays the same it will be a nice chunk for them. We will see no one knows we can only guess

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What is $100 worth in 1913 over time?
1913: $100
1923: $57.89
1933: $76.15
1943: $57.23
1953: $37.08
1963: $32.35
1973: $22.30
1983: $9.94
1993: $6.85
2003: $5.38
2013: $4.25
2019: $3.87

So gold was $20 oz in 1913. Say you bought 5 oz with your $100. Today your gold would be worth $7,750 ($2,002 in purchasing power) and your $100 bill would be worth $3.87 in purchasing power. Ya, hang on to that cash....

Last edited:

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What is $100 worth in 1913 over time?
1913: $100
1923: $57.89
1933: $76.15
1943: $57.23
1953: $37.08
1963: $32.35
1973: $22.30
1983: $9.94
1993: $6.85
2003: $5.38
2013: $4.25
2019: $3.87

So gold was $20 oz in 1913. Say you bought 5 oz with your $100. Today your gold would be worth $7,750 ($2,002 in purchasing power) and your $100 bill would be worth $3.87 in purchasing power. Ya, hang on to that cash....

I agree. $100 bill over that period of time stuck in a drawer is a loser. In my post, I referenced stocks, not cash.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 2014 I started reading about silver/gold and how it was going to the moon. I looked at it as a safe haven so I bought some. Actually I bought a lot as the price went down to even out my average. At this point my gold is up $360 an ounce and my silver down $8 an ounce. Too bad I bought 2000 oz of silver and only 64 oz of gold. I believe both will do well this year and as soon as silver gets anywhere close to $24 oz I'll sell half of it. It looks like the central banks have lost control of the price... I stopped listening to the "Experts". If you notice that interview was promoted by Kitco a company that sells gold/silver.....

Stocks have out-performed gold, and gold has out-performed stocks, it all depends in which time frame you’re looking at. Physical gold is not an investment, it’s insurance against a failing fiat currency. The stock market is rigged, we can’t possibly have a vibrant economy when national debt is $20+ trillions of dollars, not to mention the hundreds of trillions in unfunded liabilities.

Hi Thats not so if you find your gold . Even only finding small pieces with a Metal detector is quite rewarding

waniamay96

Jan 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 2014 I started reading about silver/gold and how it was going to the moon. I looked at it as a safe haven so I bought some. Actually I bought a lot as the price went down to even out my average of seriale Turcesti. At this point my gold is up $360 an ounce and my silver down $8 an ounce. Too bad I bought 2000 oz of silver and only 64 oz of gold. I believe both will do well this year and as soon as silver gets anywhere close to $24 oz I'll sell half of it. It looks like the central banks have lost control of the price... I stopped listening to the "Experts". If you notice that interview was promoted by Kitco a company that sells gold/silver.....

Do you think how to resolve this..?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions