Man DIES in Scuba diving accident on Niagra River 8/24/2019

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michael Allen Trump was the diver that died in the diving accident. Has anyone else any information on this ? He was a master diver and his family were master divers. Diving is very dangerous and if anyone has any input on this sure might be helpful to others. Michael died in Fort Erie Ontario Canada
Michael's Arrangements are being handled by Reed Funeral home of North Canton.

REST in PEACE Michael !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I found this also Please all be CAREFUL !!

Michael A. Trump loved to travel with his wife and their two daughters, and their trips often involved hiking back trails, rock climbing and scuba diving.

Trump, 49, and his wife, Kristin, both Reading natives who moved to Ohio in 1995, took their daughters Amanda, 20, and Tricia, 16, to the Niagara region in Ontario, Canada, for an end-of-summer vacation.

"It was a quick trip to do a scuba dive before we took our daughter back to college," Kristin said in a telephone interview Thursday from Ohio.

All master divers, the Trumps were eager to add the Niagara River to their collection of photographs and memories from scuba-diving adventures that include Hawaii and the Caribbean. The conditions seemed perfect when they entered the water at the town of Fort Erie on Saturday afternoon.

Instead, the trip turned tragic after the group encountered difficulties while under water.

The river's current suddenly increased, Kristin said, and she and her older daughter surfaced after being slammed against something under the water. They were rescued by emergency responders. Tricia was already out of the water having been thrown clear of the raging waters.

Police said Michael Trump remained under water. His body was found later.

Kristin, a Holy Name High School graduate who works as a physician in the Akron area where the family resides, said she and Michael were members of the Reading Buccaneers Drum & Bugle Corps — he as an instrumentalist (bugle) and she as a member of the color guard.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's sad to hear my prayers go out to the family

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been scuba diving for years, with thousands of under water hours. I've only had 2 dives in rivers to retrieve lost rings, it was back waters only. I will not dive the main rivers because of this exact situation.
Know your surroundings and know your limitations, it's not worth your life. RIP Michael.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread