What is your favorite treasure story?

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

So, I want to share a story about my favorite treasure.

My favorite treasure is actually not that old. Here is the story.

In 2001, when I was around 5, I saw a toy in the store. This toy was the Lego Bionicle Rahi Manas. It was about 100 to 200 dollars if I recall correctly. I wanted it so badly. Sadly, we couldnt afford it.

Years passed, and I still wanted it. It was still in my mind. Eventually, when I was 8, I gave up hope on getting it. I was sad.

More years passed, and I forgot about the Rahi Manas. Then, in 2018, I had a dream and the Manas was in it. I woke up, and was like, "What was that called?" I pulled out my old Bionicle book and I found it and got the name.

My brother woke up. I said, "Hey bro, I have a question. Something about the Rahi Manas."

He hasnt thought of that toy in years. He stopped dead in his tracks, thought about it, remembered, and said, "What about it?"

After a brief conversation, I looked on the internet, and I actually tracked down a working Rahi Manas set. It was MUCH cheaper than when it first came out. A man in the Netherlands shipped it to me after I paid for it and the shipping.

After so many years, I finally got the toy I wanted back in 2001. I was so happy.

20190906_100217.jpg

It may not be as old as other peoples treasures, and it may not be that valuable, but it is a treasure to me because of the memories they bring. These are precious treasures to me.

Well, thats the story of my favorite treasure.

Anyone else have a favorite treasure story they want to share?

Jared

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good story hope you enjoy as much now as you would have then. I read treasure list and treasure found I have thousands of old copies one story was this guy in Az found a cave with silver bars stacked against the walls and guns a took a picture of it and for some reason never went back to get it I would love to find that cave or a least look for it. Tommy

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember for my 10th birthday I wanted a K.I.T.T. car from the show Knight Rider and I got one, but some reason it was missing a door. So we took it back and I must have got something else. I'll be 40 in March and I told my wife I would like to find one of those talking toy cars from the late 80's to have.

As far as treasure stories goes it is hard to beat some of the stories W.C. Jameson has (similar to A2 coins story) and the Silver Hoard PlugMaster Ford found last year was crazy!

OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are right. It's hard to beat the stories similar to @A2coins.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember a story published in an old treasure found mag from bout 1980 about a Faith healer/ goat herder who amassed multiple caches of silver coin and paper money.....only to be discovered by construction workers in the late 70s. I was a younger person then and it aspired me to get into construction and find my treasures too......still waiting. It was a great read though with those great black and white pixeled photos.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MY favorite treasure story is still in the making.... where I FIND ​it. ╦╦C

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite treasure story is: Where I've hidden it and only my two daughters know. Lol Keep Stacking

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a fantastic hole full of treasure, an oldie but goodie

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

So, I want to share a story about my favorite treasure.

My favorite treasure is actually not that old. Here is the story.

In 2001, when I was around 5, I saw a toy in the store. This toy was the Lego Bionicle Rahi Manas. It was about 100 to 200 dollars if I recall correctly. I wanted it so badly. Sadly, we couldnt afford it.

Years passed, and I still wanted it. It was still in my mind. Eventually, when I was 8, I gave up hope on getting it. I was sad.

More years passed, and I forgot about the Rahi Manas. Then, in 2018, I had a dream and the Manas was in it. I woke up, and was like, "What was that called?" I pulled out my old Bionicle book and I found it and got the name.

My brother woke up. I said, "Hey bro, I have a question. Something about the Rahi Manas."

He hasnt thought of that toy in years. He stopped dead in his tracks, thought about it, remembered, and said, "What about it?"

After a brief conversation, I looked on the internet, and I actually tracked down a working Rahi Manas set. It was MUCH cheaper than when it first came out. A man in the Netherlands shipped it to me after I paid for it and the shipping.

After so many years, I finally got the toy I wanted back in 2001. I was so happy.

It may not be as old as other peoples treasures, and it may not be that valuable, but it is a treasure to me because of the memories they bring. These are precious treasures to me.

Well, thats the story of my favorite treasure.

Anyone else have a favorite treasure story they want to share?

Jared

I think the story you just told is my favorite. In my youth I viewed treasure as something of great value monetarily. Well aged now I view treasure as something of great value to ones heart.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. When you were 5 in 2001, 40 years before that in 1961 I was 5 and got my awesome Robot Commando. https://collectibles.knoji.com/ideals-robot-commando-collectible-1960s-toy/. I still remember that Christmas so long ago and even have a picture of me and my civilization destroying machine. Unfortunately examples with the box in excellent to mint and working condition are not so cheap today.

Attachments

• IMG_20190827_075538.jpg
    IMG_20190827_075538.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 50

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best one is on here:
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-legends-california/177959-many-lost-treasures-mariposa-ca-photos-added.html

[/FONT]

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite story is one that involves myself finding the treasure. About 15 years ago, my best friends dad passed away. We had to clean 4 out buildings on the farm. While cleaning one of them, I ran across a big heavy bin. Before moving it, I lifted the lid off of it. Inside the bin were 100 tubes of silver American Eagles that held 20 coins each. I called my friend over to the excitement. At an average $20.00 apiece, that was a cool $40,000 find ! His dad had never told him about the Eagles. Good thing he was an only child. Don't know if I'll ever make a find like that again.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite story is when I lived on Pine island fl in the late 90's I went to a little island N.W. of the N. tip of the island. My detector went off and showed a very weak gold signal. I dug down with my trowel to about 2' and the signal got louder and clearer. I went home and the next day went back with a shovel. I dug down around 4' and again the signal got louder and stronger but water started filling the hole.

I talked to a fisherman/dock builder friend of mine and he said he had a pump. We took the boat and pump back to the island with shovels and started to dig and drain. We got down to about 7' and again the signal was loud and strong. The water was coming in faster and the sides caving in so digging was slow. When it got dark we quit. We had a bar and it showed something hard about 3' below our hole.

We came back the next day to see the hole filled in with only a small depression. He gave up and I had no choice. I often wonder what was down in that hole...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread