Frozen Shoulder and its not even Winter!

nfunk

Dec 23, 2005
LaPlace Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, ACE 250
I had a frozen shoulder around 8 years ago. Originally it was rotator cuff damage which led to frozen shoulder. I couldn't even touch my belt loop on my right side. I went to orthopedic surgeon had x-rays and MRI of shoulder. He gave me two options, surgery or physical therapy (pt). After doing a little research I found an article in a medical journal that was published by a Japanese study. It showed that after a couple years the outcome from surgery and from physical therapy was practically the same. So I elected physical therapy. So the doctor said either I can go to a PT or do the PT at myself at home. I did one session in the PT clinic where the physical therapist showed me the exercises and stretches I need to do. So every day I would do the therapy and within a week I saw improvement. It took a couple of weeks of daily therapy before I could reach behind my back or raise my hand above my head. By one month I had 98% mobility as on my right side. After 8 years, I do sometimes have a slightly sore shoulder if I hyper extend it or over work it. But I am glad I didn't elect to have surgery, friends I know that had surgery have the same problem years like like I do now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread