Frozen Shoulder and its not even Winter!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Frozen Shoulder and its not even Winter!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    4424 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Frozen Shoulder and its not even Winter!

About 3 months ago my shoulder started giving me problems. Pain and loss of movement eventually lead me to consulting a Dr. where i was diagnosed with Frozen shoulder. Have you ever heard of such a thing? Oh well...the good news is, I still have one good shoulder to swing with and i will eventually get some or all of my movement back. The bad news is...It hurts!

Anyhow, I hope to get back to digging when the weather gets a bit cooler.

HH Everyone!
    Dig till you drop!

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    5945 times
    Prospecting
    Have you looked at the available treatments?
    Ammoman likes this.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    24118 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    My right shoulder and collarbone started throbbing about 2 weeks ago on and off. I think I slept on it wrong and today was horrid as it got cold last night.

I'm going to have the house at 78 degrees all winter from the looks of it.

Frozen shoulder is treatable but I forget what they do anymore.
    Ammoman likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2010 times
    Prospecting
    I had it after a shoulder injury and again after the surgery. There really isn't thing they can do but stretch it and it's like torture.
    Worst six months of my life.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    4424 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDigger View Post
    Have you looked at the available treatments?
    Yes i have. I will try physical therapy first. From what i understand, it comes in three stages. I am currently in the second stage (Frozen)
    DizzyDigger likes this.
    Dig till you drop!

us
    Jan 2013
    Southeast Virginia
    Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
    495 times
    Relic Hunting
    Good luck I hope it thaws soon

Charter Member
    us
    Only boaring people get board

Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    Mine Lab Equinox 800, Mine Lab Pro Find 35, Garrett ATpro, Garrett Pro Pointer 2, Whites ID5 Classic
    2677 times
    I dig one handed and since I use my right side for everything Dr says I have to take it easy or Ill wear it out, so I stopped racing motorcycles...
    RustyGold likes this.
    I'll sleep when I'm dead

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29814 times
    I have torn both my left left and right rotary cuff at different times. On my left shoulder it didnt heal properly and was causing me a lot of pain due to the job I was doing so I went back to doctor who did the surgery, the doctor wanted to do another surgery, both open and arthroscopic with a rehab that would take about a year according to him. I asked doctor if this would fix the problem and he said we hope so, it should, but said there could be complications. I asked what they were and he told me I could end up with a frozen shoulder. After he explained what a frozen shoulder was I declined the surgery and found a different job.
    RustyGold and Ammoman like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    4424 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    I have torn both my left left and right rotary cuff at different times. On my left shoulder it didnt heal properly and was causing me a lot of pain due to the job I was doing so I went back to doctor who did the surgery, the doctor wanted to do another surgery, both open and arthroscopic with a rehab that would take about a year according to him. I asked doctor if this would fix the problem and he said we hope so, it should, but said there could be complications. I asked what they were and he told me I could end up with a frozen shoulder. After he explained what a frozen shoulder was I declined the surgery and found a different job.
    I am very much against surgery. The last time i had surgery i had my eye removed and an infection almost took me out for good! I think i would rather live with a handicap than not live at all.
    RustyGold and Treasure_Hunter like this.
    Dig till you drop!

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 720i Stealth Scoop
    7269 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Six years I lived with a frozen right shoulder and incredible pain. So I overused my left arm until one day I tried throwing a football and it finally started to release. In more time it got better but is going again at the rotator cuff.
    Had rotator cuff surgery on my left arm and it’s now been over a year and I can barely lift my arm above the horizontal plane.
    What really helps is to have someone (my wife) help support and lift the affected arm and slowly move it to positions that you can’t achieve and it will start to loosen up. Do this as many times per week that you can tolerate and you will see improvement sooner. Listen to your body and don’t overdo this stretching as a little goes a long way. Good luck!
    Ammoman likes this.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 720i Stealth Scoop
    7269 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I forgot to add. If you have Osteoarthritis it very well may work against rapid improvement with the Physical Therapy.
    Ammoman likes this.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT MAX/AT PRO/Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    4853 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have never heard of frozen shoulder....have both of mine re-done, one of them twice but lucky for me no problems after re-hab and being pain free is awesome! I hope you thaw!
    Ammoman likes this.

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2130 times
    have u ever heard of potato brain ? me either ? but it sure feels like thats what i have. try taking as many a.d's and anti psychotics as me and you'll understand ? maybe ? i'm just cursed ? why ? its an east simple answer ? God the creator of the heavens and earth hates me. plain and simple. i dont believe anything a doctor would say to me any more. except dont forget to pay on ur way out. does this hurt ? only when i have to pay u ?................boy have they convinced me ! then they wonder why i have a bad attitude. paying for help when it DIDNT really help.....SHEESH..........................! I MEAN HOLY MOLY ! NO JEEPERS CREEPERS !
    Ammoman likes this.

Aug 2019
    34 times
    I don’t know how much overlap there is (if any?) between frozen shoulder and shoulder impingement syndrome. I battled the latter for about 3-4 years. The only surefire thing that ended up working was prolonged rest, doing my damnedest to keep my arm from going above parallel, and keeping the amount of weight I ever lifted during recovery at a minimal.

Hopefully you are able to heal quickly, or at the very least find relief for the pain.
    Ammoman likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    24118 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Well, whatever is going on with me HATES metal detecting. When I was out for about 4 hours today, the longest since my surgery in June, it didn't bother me at all. Maybe I laid on a cat wrong

I even climbed up a 10' or so sand bank to get off the beach. I took my digging sand scoop and cut a couple foot holds in it which held up!
    Ammoman likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links