Is It Possible To Use A Garrett AT Pro NEL Coil On The AT Max?

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to buy a new nel coil really soon. I've been planning on buying the thunder coil but in my country the nel thunder coil is only available for the at pro. My question is if it is possible to use a NEL coil designed for the AT Pro on a AT Max? I know it differs slightly in khz but I haven't found a straight answer if it's possible or not. Will the NEL coil perhaps work much better if I would buy a NEL coil for AT Max instead of AT Pro or will there be any big difference occurring making my metal detecting inefficient?

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to the NEL site they are different and wont work... I used the NEL storm and it made a big difference with my ATpro, made me work harder swinging and digging... That coil is heavy and goes deep!!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same type of question but the exact opposite issue, I have a NEL attack coil for my Max and wonder if it will work on the Pro?

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
There's one way to find out! Apparently they are tuned differently to the frequency of each machine. I haven't tried it myself but have wondered and one day I'll put the NEL on the Gold or Max and see what's up. Maybe just the VDI will be off? idk.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the same type of question but the exact opposite issue, I have a NEL attack coil for my Max and wonder if it will work on the Pro?

put it on man!! let us know...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread