Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Started off on the 23rd with intense stomach problems that the doctors wanted to say were my appendix which was removed 8 years ago or that I had a colon blockage or food poisoning. To me it was food poisoning because of the amount of dry heaves that I had plus the vomiting etc. The problem suddenly left and I thought that yes, it was food poisoning. But then it came back with a vengeance and hence the 2nd trip to the ER which led to a 100 mile ambulance ride to a much bigger hospital to get the over 9mm kidney stone removed. The stone was mostly removed via surgery and a stint put in place.

But the pain was gone, at least for a day as the stint managed to come out partially and I was back to dry heaves etc again and another ride to the big city ER for my 4th ER visit. The stint was removed and I actually felt pretty good until I bent over to pick up a dropped grape. It was then that my lower back had a disc to slip and I was back in the severe pain again. A trip to the chiropractor a day or so later didn't help very much so it has been pretty much 2 weeks of lying flat on my back. Today has been the first day to actually be able to stand and even walk a little bit with out dying. So, finally feeling sort of human again. My back was most likely the result of the dry heaves, the grape was the finishing touch at causing the back grief. Life can have some rough moments but things are looking better again, it is what it is and it ain't what it ain't. Sure hope for better days for you guys and HH. DL

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like the epic case of what Chicken Little was talking about when he said, " Cheer up said the little bird–Things could get worse. So, I cheered up and damned if they didn't get worse!"

Glad to hear yo are feeling better .. Hang in there!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to still have you around...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will pass pun intended , were all gettin older we become like Humpty Dumpty but we put ourselves back together. Sounds like the kidney stone was the catalyst for all this. but your better and will get even more better youll see A little humor helps also. Glad your recovering my friend

Last edited:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope that is the only kidney stone you had, they are a bad invention. Hope you recover fully soon and are back reporting some great finds to us!

Nevada Prospector

Aug 16, 2017
Southern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher GB II, Etc, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey there Dirtlooter, I hate to sound like a know-it-all but I can see what caused the problem. The jug in ya'alls right hand is too full and pulling ya over toward Joneses!
I do feel your pain as I went through the same thing a few years ago. I walked into the ER and told the Doc I was dying. She said you either have a pulled muscle or are constipated. After a few expletives of outrage she decided that I was indeed a sick man. Long story short, I passed the stone three weeks later and started to feel better until I got the doctor bill. You hang in there and try not to get any more of those stones!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to have the kidney stones I've passed, put on a ring as gem stones because by the time I was able to pass them, they were worth more than a diamond!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I think TNet is more popular to old folks than to younguns. We're old enough to fully understand and empathize......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread