deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Playin with Google Earth I came across an old "virgin" park. I was actually looking at the outlay of a house that was donated to a fire dept for burning and saw it just sitting in the middle of nowhere.

The nice thing about google earth is the feature that lets you do a search for information on whatever the location is. I checked a few county parks and turned out that this one was aparently never redone.
Plans had been made back in the 60's to make some neat additions to it, but from what I saw yesterday...this never happened.

My first 10 minutes detecting turned up a 65 roosie, so I figured, okay, throw in a few years plus or minus, I should find silver. Then a couple minutes later, hit a 54 roosie...then a modern pocket spill of pennies, then a few oddball hits of pieces of copper and lead.

There's an abandoned ballfield across the road...and I use the term road loosely...almost lost my exhaust pipe driving up the darn thing, and the infield is growing grass. The side I was on still had a functional ballfield.

But the best part....it was a back road I never drove and when I left, I followed the route to a main road and low and behold...6 old house foundations strewn along the road. A couple look as though they are pretty old with just remnants of sandstone foundations, a couple with concreteblock...and the others...didnt get that good of look cause my time was running out to be at work. (Ya, try to pull away from detecting to go work in a dirty mill!)

But...with urban sprawl doing its darndest to wipe out any vestiges of the old farms in the area...there are still those old branches of the river towns here that have hidden suprises to them.
Gonna do a little more looking at these old mill towns, tucked in the nooks of the valleys leading to the river.

Al

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
You mean to say you haven't been out there with your magic wand yet? It sounds as if you have come across some great places to detect. Good luck and keep us posted as to your fids. HH

Desertfox

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• space.jpg
    space.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 256

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
diggummup said:
"Gotta love them old back roads". No such thing down here. No.........Seriously.
http://tinyurl.com/yq44zs

you aint kidding... the general consensus in south florida is "oh, it's old? quickly! demolish it and build a condo!"

i swear.. i wish i was bill gates so i could go around miami buying and imploding condos to turn them into parks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread