I am bummed out .. - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: I am bummed out ..

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT MAX/AT PRO/Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    5080 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I am sorry for your loss, them dang fur missiles love so hard for too short a time.
    creskol, Inspector and RustyGold like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurehunter View Post
    Sorry for your loss. My wife and I have been thru that numerous times over the last 35 years. It's never fun. I'm sure you gave him a great home, and a great life. That is your saving grace, and I know he appreciated it.
    I found this little guy shortly after I arrived in Texas back in 2007. He was in a drainage ditch beside the road, just lying there along with his other litter mates that had died and were being eaten by buzzards. This little guy was severely dehydrated, eaten up by fire ants, had severe demodexic mange, and a bad case of worms, yet he mustered enough energy to raise his head as I drove by, which is what caught my attention. So, I turned around and loaded him in my Jeep and took him to a local vet, who thought he was about 4 months old at the time. After a month of TLC, he i recovered nicely and made a great traveling partner. I named him DEX .. short for the Demodex as that was the most obvious condition when I found him!

This is what he looked like early on and after he started on his road to recovery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dex9.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	1752395  
    Last edited by creskol; Sep 13, 2019 at 10:55 AM.
    “It is best as one grows older to strip oneself of possessions, to shed oneself downward like a tree, to be almost wholly earth before one dies.”

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    51265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by creskol View Post
    I found this little guy shortly after I arrived in Texas back in 2007. He was in a drainage ditch beside the road, just lying there along with his other litter mates that had died and were being eaten by buzzards. This little guy was severely dehydrated, eaten up by fire ants, had severe demodexic mange, and a bad case of worms, yet he mustered enough energy to raise his head as I drove by, which is what caught my attention. So, I turned around and loaded him in my Jeep and took him to a local vet, who thought he was about 4 months old at the time. After a month of TLC, he i recovered nicely and made a great traveling partner. I named him DEX .. short for the Demodex as that was the most obvious condition when I found him!

This is what he looked like early on and after he started on his road to recovery.
    Looks like he was one cool doggy

His eyes looking right into you.

Remember how he needed you ?

There is another out there who now also needs your help and love.

continue on your journey of giving a chance ... of a good life... to another one.

you will not have to look far to find the next one... that will also help you as well.
    creskol, Mackaydon, GB1 and 4 others like this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Charter Member
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    East TX
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre.
    19545 times
    baseball cards,hunting,bottle digging,coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    Looks like he was one cool doggy

His eyes looking right into you.

Remember how he needed you ?

There is another out there who now also needs your help and love.

continue on your journey of giving a chance ... of a good life... to another one.

you will not have to look far to find the next one... that will also help you as well.
    nice words there AARC
    AARC, creskol and RustyGold like this.
    audemus jura nostra defendere

neque deditionem

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
    609 times
    Wife wife says that i love the dog more than her and the kids. I told her when i get home from work hes excited and jumping on me while her and the kids are nowhere to be found. Do the math..

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
    609 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Iffy Signals View Post
    Wife wife says that i love the dog more than her and the kids. I told her when i get home from work hes excited and jumping on me while her and the kids are nowhere to be found. Do the math..
    Sorry for your loss. Been there a few times.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    51265 times
    Dogs don't care...

If your ugly... pretty... big or tall... fat or skinny... Nope dogs don't care at all.

They don't care if you are broke or have money... if you are interesting or not... or if your boring or funny...

No... not in least ..do they even think twice... if you are the right one for them...

for they love you with no conditions and are always your best friend.

Just a quick attempt at a poem.

Last edited by AARC; Sep 13, 2019 at 08:08 PM.
    creskol, RustyGold, Meadow and 4 others like this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    Dogs don't care...

If your ugly... pretty... big or tall... fat or skinny... Nope dogs don't care at all.

They don't care if you are broke or have money... if you are interesting or not... or if your boring or funny...

No... not in least ..do they even think twice... if you are the right one for them...

for they love you with no conditions and are always your best friend.

Just a quick attempt at a poem.

Very nice, AARC! I like that and it is so true. Thank you!
    AARC, RustyGold, Inspector and 1 others like this.
    “It is best as one grows older to strip oneself of possessions, to shed oneself downward like a tree, to be almost wholly earth before one dies.”

Thank you all for your kindness. It really does mean a lot when your soul is hurting. I appreciate you all!
    AARC, RustyGold, Inspector and 1 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    7678 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    So sorry to hear about your best friend. Carry on when you’re able.
    creskol and Inspector like this.

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

ca
    May 2014
    Ace 250
    249 times
    I'm so very sorry. But he loved you, and you loved him, and love never dies. I used to believe that we gave our pets a bit of our soul, and that may be, but perhaps that's a little arrogant - I now wonder if they don't give us part of their soul instead.
    creskol and Inspector like this.

us
    May 2015
    North Georgia
    MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
    770 times
    Metal Detecting
    I am so sorry for your loss. The agony we feel at their passing is the price we have to pay for the years of love, companionship and loyalty that they bring into our lives. R.I.P.
    creskol and Blak bart like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet" General James "Mad Dog" Mattis (Callsign: Chaos), United States Marine Corps (Retired)

Semper Fidelis !!!!!

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
    44925 times
    Lost my pup 4 years ago. Still greave. It's hard to loose a love one. Sorry for your lose.
    creskol likes this.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    144 times
    Lost my Sheppard of 12 years this year, she was like an appendage.....remember the good times!
    creskol likes this.

us
    Jul 2019
    Deltona Fl
    AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
    786 times
    I know it hurts when one of your fur buddies passes. I just lot one too. I look at it this way, they had a great life filled with love, good food, shelter, care and friendship. Much more than some others get. We feel more sorry for us than them. They have gone on to a better place. To my buddy Petey:
    Name:  Buster small.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  3.8 KB
    creskol and AARC like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links